U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,646,708 times

Advertisements

Me and 2 of my guy friends are planning on heading down to the Caribbean some time in April. I'm into snorkeling, the beach, and of course great nightlife. Here are the places I'm thinking. All are places I've never been to. I do hear Curacao and Cayman Islands are great for singles but I wanted to get other peoples advice who have traveled around the Caribbean. Here is my list. Any feedback is appreciated:

-Curacao
-Cayman Islands
-Dominican Republic
-Puerto Rico
-St. Thomas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM

78 posts, read 165,595 times
Puerto Rico

Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 AM

24,671 posts, read 60,666,082 times
Between St Thomas, St John and the nearby BVI you'll certainly have your fill of beautiful beaches and snorkeling but I can't honestly tell you that the nightlife is "great" although there are plenty of options. Just maybe not what you're thinking of, i.e. big crowded discos, etc. I think most visitors here tend to get so pooped out doing everything there is to do during the day that they're ready to go to bed after dinner and get ready for an early start the next day! As far as the others are concerned, I've been to Curacao, the DR and PR and although they have their attributes, the beaches and snorkeling are far better here IMO. I didn't care for the DR for many reasons and wouldn't return there, but PR is fun and varied where nightlife is concerned. Cheers and, wherever you decide to go, have a wonderful trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories