U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 05:00 AM

812 posts, read 2,144,281 times

Advertisements

oh my god, i found a website that said you could live in the phillipines for less than 2000 dollars per year!

i really would like to know if the cost of living is still low there.

if it is, i would like to move.

anyone familiar with the phillipines please reply!!!

thank you in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 05:39 AM

oh geez, slap me silly! i just found out the phillipines are not u.s. territory.

well, geez, it's got a veterans administration there so i assumed as such, it must have been left over from before when it was.

so whenever america makes something into a territory, it's either becomes outrageously expensive or not worth going to anymore.

you can live on the beach in a fully furnished efficiency for under 2000 per year there in the phillipines!

like i want to go to vi, guam, samoa, peurto rico. what the **** is the point! it's like being in the states paying an arm and a leg!

god, sometimes america pisses me off

Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 AM

so it seems there isn't a u.s. territory that isn't less expensive. hawaii, peurto rico, vi, guam, samoa, and alaska.

pathetic! no real paradise in america. no real relaxing place because it all becomes too commercialized and uptight!

like i want to travel far and pay the same or more exorbitant prices and penny pinch! i can do that right where i'm at!

i'll be totally honest. america sucks, it either has too much riffraff(not the good next door neighbor, down to earth kind either), becomes too commercialized, too expensive, too racist, too unfriendly, too rednecky in rural areas and not truly relaxing!

everywhere you turn in america, it sucks to live there too! it's driving me crazy. the only problem is i can't emigrate to another country because my husband can't go outside of u.s. territory!

Last edited by leaana; 02-03-2009 at 05:59 AM..

Old 02-03-2009, 07:49 AM

moderator, please delete thread.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 4,501 times
Speaking about Philippines, if you earn dollar here in the U.S. and spent your money in the Philippines then you are like a King in a Heavenly bodies of water of archipelagic group of islands. I've been there three times already and I spent many years of this fascinating beaches, nice people who don't speak fowl language and very respectfull specially to their parents, get to know their foods and enjoy it, several tropical fruits which you have never seen in your life here in the US. Trully it is life and leasure in the Philippines, cheap apartments, good for retirements and select your own beach resort to live. The capital is Manila which is expensive, but in general it is very cheap. I suggests you can live in Cebu island where the island are sorrounded by beaches from east,west,north and south, to the center of the island is the urban city. Search this from google Cebu island, Cebu Malapascua, Mactan island resort, Alegre Beach resort, Plantation Bay, Cebu and there are a hundreds more. I knew Cebu a lot because I stayed their more of my vacation and it is very relaxing and enjoyable. Other nice places outside Cebu island are Camiguin, Batangas, Palawan, Bohol, Boracay, Mindoro and many more. Enjoy your search.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:10 PM

12 posts, read 35,763 times
as far as i am concernd you do have a choice and their are huge price differnts between lets say hawaii and Florida or hawaii and puerto rico its up to you ..maybe none of those states/islands are as cheap as the philippines. I still think it have nothing to do with america that everything is expensive .. their are other islands countrys non american wich are worse.. sorry for my bad english its my 2nd language

Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 PM

241 posts, read 955,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
so it seems there isn't a u.s. territory that isn't less expensive. hawaii, peurto rico, vi, guam, samoa, and alaska.

pathetic! no real paradise in america. no real relaxing place because it all becomes too commercialized and uptight!

like i want to travel far and pay the same or more exorbitant prices and penny pinch! i can do that right where i'm at!

i'll be totally honest. america sucks, it either has too much riffraff(not the good next door neighbor, down to earth kind either), becomes too commercialized, too expensive, too racist, too unfriendly, too rednecky in rural areas and not truly relaxing!

everywhere you turn in america, it sucks to live there too! it's driving me crazy. the only problem is i can't emigrate to another country because my husband can't go outside of u.s. territory!
Go to Dominican Republic or Trinidad & Tobago.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:55 PM

291 posts, read 669,872 times
Leaana stay on your meds please.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 AM

15,996 posts, read 37,276,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
oh my god, i found a website that said you could live in the phillipines for less than 2000 dollars per year!

i really would like to know if the cost of living is still low there.

if it is, i would like to move.

anyone familiar with the phillipines please reply!!!

thank you in advance!!!
I'm very familiar with the PHilippines, and that just isn't possible for a westerner.

Crushing poverty allows some Filipinos to do it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or