Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM

161 posts, read 388,587 times

Advertisements

HI there,

I posted awhile ago asking about reliable cell and internet service in PR, particularly in the Rincon area but haven't received any responses. I work from home and can take my job anywhere and am considering PR, but I most have reliable cell and internet access.

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM

177 posts, read 956,535 times
T-Mobile moved in to PR (officially), so you can get the same T-Mobile service as in the US, which for me makes things easier when traveling. Other big company is Claro. They may have better signal, but I am not sure. In general all of the metro area is well covered by cell-phone towers. I am not sure about the rest of the island.

I have heard that there is plenty of Internet infrastructure on the island. OneLink and others provide cable internet (and I find it reliable).

Piecewise, you are looking at similar prices as in the mainland. Check out the specific company that covers city where you want to move in. You may be able to call to find out more details before the move.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 AM

32 posts, read 105,787 times
T-Mobile, Claro, AT&T and Centennial have the better coverage in the island. Almost all the island have good coverage. With Claro, you can get good offers like unlimited calls to places that have PRT (Puerto Rico Telephone), that are almost places. The 3G Coverage is almost on the coast zones, best with AT&T or Claro, I don't know about T-Mobile on that.

Internet is available everywhere around the island. In Rincón the major options are Dmax and Choice. Dmax is a DSL service. It requires telephone from PRT. Choice is a cable service, they have 1.5MB for $24.95 mensual, but in some specific areas the service is not very efficient. Dmax is a very good service, but not the best prices, althought there are rumors that they will duplicate the speed to 1MB this year, from $24.95. The internet here in Puerto Rico is not that cheap like in US. Other internet companies are located to the half east of the island and the San Juan metro area, offering a little best prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories