Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 05:04 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times

Advertisements

hindsight2020 wrote: "...but I sure as heck could not sexually engage any female in that crowd..."

Say what???

Bro, you mean to say that you could not get one white girl in the sack even though you look as white as you claim to be??? ¡Ay bendito mijo!!!

Bro, if you lost your "labia" then you've also lost your Boricuaness.

Hey, I'm a prieto Boricua who hasn't lost his labia. That labia has come in handy with my pretty white girl friends, las Hinduas and my favourites...las Chinitas!!!

You gotta get back your labia bro! It would be "anti-Boricua" not to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 05:44 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,175,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
This is what a White family in the United States looks like. I doubt very much that they have any Indian or African ancestors. If they did a genetics test the results would most likely reveal that they are genetically 100% European.
That is what SOME white families look like. Specifically whites coming from Nordic countries. Puertorricans whites, on the other hand, trace their lineage back to Spain and a few to Italy, myself included. Whites from souther Italy and Spain tend to have a Mediterranean look.

Italian family (My italian Family pictures from italy photos on webshots)

Spanish (Spain) family
(Our spanish family! pictures from spain photos on webshots)

Old 07-18-2009, 08:09 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,661,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I think he's kinda shook up that even though he was almost accepted into the white man's club up/down there in Alabama, when it came to the bedroom he was excluded because the "belles" thought that since he was Puerto Rican, his racial purity as a white man indeed would come under question, and he had no papers he could present to disprove their theory.
Is there a point to your comment? If you're implying I was seeking approval of the good ol boy network down south, you misunderstood my point. I was merely highlighting the absurdity of the "white white" nomenclature and the suggestion by the aforementioned poster that hispanic ethincity and racial whiteness are mutually exclusive. I'll take your facetious response as indication that we probably agree to disagree on the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva
Say what???

Bro, you mean to say that you could not get one white girl in the sack even though you look as white as you claim to be??? ¡Ay bendito mijo!!!

Bro, if you lost your "labia" then you've also lost your Boricuaness.

Hey, I'm a prieto Boricua who hasn't lost his labia. That labia has come in handy with my pretty white girl friends, las Hinduas and my favourites...las Chinitas!!!

You gotta get back your labia bro! It would be "anti-Boricua" not to!
As has been disclaimed multiple times in this thread, I'm married to a white woman...

I'm done with this thread.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
[quote=hindsight2020;9833415]
Quote:
Is there a point to your comment? If you're implying I was seeking approval of the good ol boy network down south, you misunderstood my point. I was merely highlighting the absurdity of the "white white" nomenclature and the suggestion by the aforementioned poster that hispanic ethincity and racial whiteness are mutually exclusive. I'll take your facetious response as indication that we probably agree to disagree on the latter.

You can take it however you wish to take it. Matters not one iota to me. Seems to me, though, that you seemed really down about your inability to hook up with the snow bunnies in 'Bama. Your words, not mine. You can call it facetious if you want, but like begets like. And sure, I know there are lots of white Hispanics, just as there are black ones. You seemed somewhat hurt to see that American whites don't seem to see that.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:42 PM
ncc

95 posts, read 304,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Most certainly. Many people in Puerto Rico have Italian, French, and English surnames due to their ancestors being from those countries. Though most white Puerto Ricans are Catholic and of Spanish origin, you are correct that there are some Jews and Protestants as well. Contrary to what many mainlanders believe, observing Puerto Ricans in the Bronx (mostly mulatto, poor) is NOT very representative of all of the Puerto Ricans on the island.

Irish and Italians are heavily Catholic.. Catholicism started in Italy.. I'm Italian and Catholic and went through Catholic grade school, high school, and college. However, I question the business and purpose of the Catholic Church..

The Italians that emigrated to Puerto Rico were from Corsica, not the Italian mainland. Corsica is actually part of France, and has been since the birth of Napoleon in the late 1700's. Corsicans are however, are of Italian heritage. Italy is a melting pot, just like Puerto Rico. People have dark skin, light skin, red hair, black hair, etc...

I just have one question to someone that's from Puerto Rico.. What does is mean to be Puerto Rican?? If I was born there would I be puerto rican, or would people say I'm really Italian?? Most semi-knowledgable people think that Puerto Ricans are a mix of white (spanish), black, and indian (taino), but most have no idea that there were huge amounts of other european groups that came to the Island and grew the population to almost 1 million by the 20th century. When the slaves revolted in Haiti, most of the Frenchmen came to PR. When Spain was losing its other colonies in the new world, the Spanish loyalists came to PR, a lot of the Spanish were from the Canary Islands. Corsicans came and settled mainly in and around Yauco and started up the Coffee industry. Along with other groups i've mentioned were Irish, German, Sephardic Jew, Chinese, Lebanese.. I think the history of Puerto Rico is very interesting, it is somewhat similar to Sicily.

So back to my original question, do you automatically consider someone PR because they were born there, or if their family has been in PR for a generation or two. I'm American, but a 2nd generation Italian, my family didn't arrive in the U.S until the 1920's. My family really didn't have anything to do with founding of the U.S, slavery, or anything related to those events in the past.

Last edited by ncc; 08-18-2009 at 02:53 PM..

Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 PM

506 posts, read 1,401,988 times

I am Swedish. People think all Swedes are blond and have blue eyes. This guy (actor Peter Stormare) is just as Swedish as I am, but I bet he could pass as being from plenty of other countries, right???
Maybe even PR??

Old 08-18-2009, 03:06 PM
ncc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
That is what SOME white families look like. Specifically whites coming from Nordic countries. Puertorricans whites, on the other hand, trace their lineage back to Spain and a few to Italy, myself included. Whites from souther Italy and Spain tend to have a Mediterranean look.
What exactly is a mediterrean look?? The mediterrean is a big place. Italy is a big melting pot, especially Sicily. Spain was ruled by Muslims for over 800 years (especially southern spain)

Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
ncc

Quote:
Yeah since Puerto Ricans are rarely 100% anything, it does not make sense for hindsight2020 to self identify as White because Whiteness is associated with racial purity.
I agree 100%. What the hell does white mean?? There are no two exact skin tones.. I think the term caucasian is much better.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:17 PM
ncc

[quote=hindsight2020;8285332]

Your implication that Puerto Ricans are less euro-centric by proxy is not accurate and only serves to support the thought that compared to those 'racist mainland americans', PR is the land of milk and honey where everybody gets along and signs koombaya as whites and blacks date freely. quote]

LMAO!!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:36 PM
ncc

Quote:
Most Puerto Ricans look Biracial or Triracial, so there is a Puerto Rican look.

Most Puerto Ricans have a distinct look that is limited only to the New World a.k.a the Americas. In other words most Puerto Ricans have a unique look that can not be found in the Old World like Europe or Sub Saharian Africa.

Your average Puerto Rican is too dark to pass for a European and at the same time too light to pass for a Sub Saharian African. Your average Puerto Rican racially looks out of place in both the White community and the Black community and can not racially blend in neither of those 2 communities appearance wise.

Luis Guzman and Jennifer Lopez are the bench mark for looking Puerto Rican because they fall into the category of not looking European enough to pass for White and at the same time not looking African enough to pass for Black. This is what happens when a society is created out of racial miscegnation between Africans, Amerindians, and Europeans. You get a population where the majority does not racially resemble David Beckham or Deion Sanders.

You have to remember that Puerto Rico lies in the tropics, my GF is from PR and when I stay with her family, I turn very very dark with in a week of being there. Most people would be darker if they lived in PR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories