U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 05:36 PM

435 posts, read 118,398 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am thinking very seriously about attending college in either St. Thomas or St. Croix in the fall of 2010. The only thing that is really holding me up is the fact that I have a dog that I am not willing to leave behind so student housing unfortunately is not an option. I have found a couple places that allow pets, but I am unsure of the proximity to the schools. The cheapest I have found is casita on St. Croix, but it looks a little skanky in the pictures which is fine with me if it is not in a crime ridden area. I'm leaning towards St. Croix, because it seems a little less touristy, and more laid back.

Is there much off campus housing near the schools?

Which school has nicer facilities?

I work on swimming pools for a living right now, would either island be best for that kind of employment?

I also have experience in golf course maintenance.

I will be making a trip to visit the islands after the pool season is over here, is there a better time to visit from September to March?

Any other suggestions, things I should know?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:33 AM

345 posts, read 1,155,279 times
more laid back and less touristy yes, but how much less laid back can you get? North side of STT, above Caret Bay area, is breezy, quiet, safe and can be on campus in 10 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories