U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:25 PM

11,105 posts, read 7,232,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurahj View Post
Thank you all very much for your responses and the information you have provided. Nothing is set in stone yet as far as where we will be moving and when. I believe our next step will be a visit to PR in March. Unfortunately we will likely not be able to stay more than a week right now, but it's a place to start. I will definitely check out Cabo Rojo - thank you for that suggestion, Boricuraosa.

One more question...as we are wanting to stay outside of San Juan...(this is presuming we may like what we see when we visit)...due to the nature of our work, we will need to be relatively close to where I can rent conference space (hotel, etc.) and possibly something like a spa (my fiance is a massage therapist.) So probably not far from touristy areas but not in the high crime areas either. Yes, in an ideal world, in other words.

So, I will continue to take any more suggestions you may have as we prepare for a visit in March so we have a better idea of what to focus on checking out while we are there. (BTW, neither one of us have children so education is not an issue. We have both been married once before. Although I have two cats, so where we live will need to be pet friendly.)
You are dreaming of a fantasy.

Stay in the Bay area.

Why do women always move to follow men?

You never see men moving for women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 11:07 AM

3 posts, read 15,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You are dreaming of a fantasy.

Stay in the Bay area.

Why do women always move to follow men?

You never see men moving for women?
what ? I moved to the other side of the planet just to be with a girl, just so she would dump me 3 years later, I know plenty of guys that have done the same thing, from Ireland, New Zealand, and some other places.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:47 AM

3 posts, read 3,904 times
I certainly understand the skepticism; however, I have dreamt of fantasies in the past that have come true...with enough patience, faith, persistance, faith, and passage of time, and faith. So I've learned to trust my instincts. It may not be PR - there are other Spanish speaking cultures. This is the logical place to start as it is a US territory. I have never lived in the Bay area, however. And this was all my idea - my fiance would be moving him and his practice along with me.

I continue to be interested in hearing from those who have concrete suggestions and practical warnings.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:48 AM

26 posts, read 37,200 times
I agree with STT Resident and gea12345.

A note about crime

Puerto Rico is a hard place to live nowadays due to the very high crime rate. The safest places to live includes the center and west of the Island.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 752 times
Crime, poverty, unemployment blah blah I have read all the comments above and they all mentioned one of those things to refer to Puerto rico, and it is absolutely true, but where in the world those things do not exist? you guys should tell me, and trust me even if I have to swim I'll go to this heavenly place. Yes there's crime in puerto rico, last year there were more than a thousand people shot, wow!!! ( do you want the statistics for Chicago too, 2 bad cant tell you, but you can google it) but those crimes are most likely drugs, domestic and family related. Poverty, I am not even going to talk about this, not even going to try, unemployement the only people I know in puerto rico who dont work are those who dont want too or are not legally allowed to. Now let go more in details ( I so like details, dont you?) I too speak french, and I also live in Puerto Rico, been living there for 4 years now, it is not the best place I have been too (It is just a question of preference, les gouts et les couleurs, on en discute pas) but I can tell you it has its charm and beauty, San Juan, Culebra, Fajardo, Ponce are places that will amaze all your senses. Si tu veux apprendre l'espagnol, en seulement deux trimestres à l'université de Puerto Rico tu en sauras dejà assez pour te dissimuler dans la foule, et comment je le sais, es que yo hablo perfectamente bien espanol, no porque fue lo que hice pero conozco a alguien que lo hizo. As far as getting a job, man you know enough to get a job every where in this danm world but since we talking about fact, i have been proposed to teach french at a University, yeah you heard University, i could not because I did not have a work permit, I did not look for it, it came to me.
You don't want to live in San juan, go to Arecibo or Aguadilla, last time I went there the apartment was so cheap and too beautiful for the price range.
You want more info, text me Ill be more than welcome to help you out! Ill leave you my email: [email]altenor_schneider@hotmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories