U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 11:11 PM

101 posts, read 264,460 times

Advertisements

Just got a notice of a job pending job offer, heading to the negotiation stage, and looking for info that may affect my negotiations.

Job will start for the next 90 to 120 days in Aguadilla, P.R, then move to Knoxville, TN with frequent travel back to Aguadilla. So, I'm looking for info on Aguadilla, since I'll be there at least on a temp long term basis. Living conditions, hotels, cost of living, crime the whole works.

I'm used to living in "foreign" countries, I would be moving moving from Southern China of all places where I've lived the last 5 years, and used to living and working in places like China, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Mexico and such. Spanish I'll need brushing up on as I've been mangling Mandarin for the last several years. Originally from St. Louis, so I'm used to high crime rates.

So, what to expect from this area? Any long term but temporary housing choices? Other places I'd do a month to month on a serviced apartment or furnished apartment. Any options like that in Aguadilla?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories