Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:38 AM

179 posts, read 546,210 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on getting married in PR in May. I was looking at the Caribe Hilton Hotel. Is this a good location in San Juan or does anyone have any other suggestons? Thanks for your help and advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 12:59 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,665,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl14256 View Post
I'm planning on getting married in PR in May. I was looking at the Caribe Hilton Hotel. Is this a good location in San Juan or does anyone have any other suggestons? Thanks for your help and advice!
Oh nice what brought you to PR? I'm sorry I was just curious lol. I cannot help you because I do not know much about PR

Old 06-28-2009, 05:30 AM

195 posts, read 666,780 times
I would prbably go with more of a non-chain hotel if you want marry at one of them. I've found that they are overpriced and tacky. How many people do you plan on having? Have you been to PR before? If not, I would suggest a wedding planner. It sucks that you have to pay their fee but it will go much smoother and take the stress off of you. Or you could be like my wife and be a total bridzilla. Try this out

Beach Weddings Puerto Rico Wedding Planners Puerto Rico Wedding Coordinators PR

Old 06-28-2009, 04:29 PM

I plan on having approximately 40 people. I picked PR because although I have a passport several of my guests don't have one and I don't want to make them go through the process of getting one if they don't want to.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:58 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,665,308 times
Quote:
I plan on having approximately 40 people. I picked PR because although I have a passport several of my guests don't have one and I don't want to make them go through the process of getting one if they don't want to.

ohh ok. yeah that sound like a good idea.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:46 AM

Plus PR seems like a comfortable environment. By that I mean it feels like out of the country while still being the US. So my guests can keep their comfort zone and still have some exotic flavor. Also a great mix of culture, food, and plenty to do. I've been looking, but haven't found the perfect location yet.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 AM

10,220 posts, read 16,746,310 times
Quote:
we got married at San Juan Hotels, Puerto Rico Luxury Vacations & PR Room Reservations - Hotel El Convento and would highly recomend it. We rented out the courtyard, the food was good, the sangria amazing. I'd highly recomend it. we had ours during the week to save money. Also, we hired a guy to help us make sure we got the blood tests and formed for our marriange license. it was expensive ($200 I think) but worth it, he got us around pretty efficiently, even took us to another town where the lines were shorter.he was referred to use by the judge, whom we found through the hotel

Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 PM

pman, Can you give me more details about your planning process?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:51 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,862,550 times
The Caribe Hilton is one of the oldest hotels in PR and it is very nice. However, there are plenty of other hotels to also do a wedding . As somebody else pointed out here El Convento is another alternative.Accross from this hotel is the San Juan Cathedral, which is fav for a wedding, that is if you are catholic.
Here's a site you can check for other alternatives:

Welcome to Puerto Rico!

Good luck with your arrangements.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,114 times
Hello , I woud like to have my ceremony at The San Juan Cathedral - I would like to know A ) if this is even a possibility , being as though it is considered a historic site and B ) how would I go about finding out more info . We will be having our our reception at El Convento .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories