U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 PM

543 posts, read 894,131 times

Advertisements

I've seen many confusion in these forums about Puerto Rico.

I, as a Puerto Rican woman, would like to clarify all things from PR. I will discuss things in a neutral, objective way without getting too bias.

Could be in here, or via PM.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 22,347 times
Please help me with information on finding a place to live in PR. I am looking to move there and am having a problem on where to find affordable rentals. Under $400 a month. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much!
Debbie

Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM

11 posts, read 19,607 times
We may be moving to PR from Indiana. My husband's job will be at the airport working for Fed Ex. We have four daughters. Ages ranging from 16 to 2 years old. All very fair, blonde hair, blue eyed dolls. Just wondering about safety, neighborhoods, schools. All of the things a mom worries about. The posts on this site are very contrasting. Looking forward to your ourlook.
Thanks
Iva

Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 PM

135 posts, read 467,968 times
This is a question I am hoping a woman living there so long can answer. How is it raising children in P.R? Going through a divorce and might move there with my 2 children into a town close to San Juan but up in the mountains. The country. Is this a good idea? I have a lot of family (distant) that live there. I want my children to grow up healthy and well-adjusted and educated. Will be a single mom going to school and hopefully becoming a teacher. I already have a bachelor's degree. My spanish is rusty although I can speak it, write it and read it, I cannot perfectly. I would say I am near intermediate. My specialty and degree is in English. Help me decide please!! Would be coming from NY Long Island. Raised in the Bronx though. Thank you!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:44 PM

12,317 posts, read 11,972,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks6 View Post
We may be moving to PR from Indiana. My husband's job will be at the airport working for Fed Ex. We have four daughters. Ages ranging from 16 to 2 years old. All very fair, blonde hair, blue eyed dolls. Just wondering about safety, neighborhoods, schools. All of the things a mom worries about. The posts on this site are very contrasting. Looking forward to your ourlook.
Thanks
Iva
I don't have to live in PR to tell you that if they are as you described, then they will be in danger every second they are on the island. The minute you land in the airport and they are noticed, thousands of eyes will be on them watching for the first opportunity to snatch one, maybe more. Remember Natalie Holloway? Ever hear of sex slave trafficking in young girls, especially the high demand for blonde/blue/ fair/innocent looking ones. Think of how easy it would be on a small island like PR to kidnap and then immediately ferry them off to a nearby island and from there to parts unknown in this big, wide very BAD world. Middle East businessmen pay millions for such girls. Don't take any chances. Don't go to PR. If you must, leave them behind.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 PM

543 posts, read 894,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I don't have to live in PR to tell you that if they are as you described, then they will be in danger every second they are on the island. The minute you land in the airport and they are noticed, thousands of eyes will be on them watching for the first opportunity to snatch one, maybe more. Remember Natalie Holloway? Ever hear of sex slave trafficking in young girls, especially the high demand for blonde/blue/ fair/innocent looking ones. Think of how easy it would be on a small island like PR to kidnap and then immediately ferry them off to a nearby island and from there to parts unknown in this big, wide very BAD world. Middle East businessmen pay millions for such girls. Don't take any chances. Don't go to PR. If you must, leave them behind.
Hmm, blonde girls aren't rare in PR, and child kidnapping isn't common either. If something bad were about to happen to her girls (I already send a PM to this woman), it could be in their neighborhood.

Thanks for NOT living in PR. Don't talk if you haven't live in PR, ok!!!!!

If this person decides to move, I already told her the places to live and the places NOT to live. Northern/central coast? really good place to live; peaceful, low crime, great schools, nice shops, and polite people. Since is closer to the mountains, plenty of fair skinned people live in this area (like myself), so blond people aren't very rare; I have redhead relatives, for example, but I'm brunette.
Metropolitan area? TERRIBLE!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories