U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 34,380 times

Advertisements

Hi there, Im a newbie here and thought I would post a question Ive been trying to find the answer to myself with no luck. My husband, daughter, and I are moving to Guam in September with the military (DOD employee) and will be looking to rent a house in the Merizo, Santa Rita, or Piti areas. My husband will be a civilian working on the Naval base. I have found the listings available through the Guam MLS but have not had much luck finding any other listings, do these exist anywhere that can be accessed off island? Any information would be helpful!
Another OT question deals with the health care on the island. Im a registered nurse and currently work with pacemakers and defibrillators at a heart institute in Alaska. I am curious if there is much cardiology care on Guam or even more specilized cardiac care such as pacers and defibs?
Thanks in advance!
Michelle

Last edited by Smurfett_333; 07-14-2009 at 03:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 AM

9 posts, read 67,486 times
Try this link. She specializes in rentals. The site has a lot of good info.

Isle Properties Realty

Old 07-20-2009, 02:05 PM

75 posts, read 178,695 times
You should try working inside the naval hospital. The only other hospital I can think of is Guam Memorial Hospital which is about 20-30 mins away from the base. My mom worked there as an ICU nurse a few years ago.

I remember that the nurses in Guam did not get paid as much as in the mainland. She has 15+ years experience and I think she only got paid what you would normally pay a new graduate here in the states. Maybe things have changed? I hope so!

As for homes, I am only familiar with the area near Andersen AFB since my husband and I were stationed there last 2003-2005.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM

11 posts, read 27,608 times
hello everyone
Does anybody know where to apply as CNA in GUAM??? and IM CNA IN FLORIDA can I stil lwork in GUAM???
and how much do they pay?

I'm currently here in FLORIDA but my hubby got a better job in NAVAL BASE as engr. so I have to move with him too, now IM waiitng for my board exam for CNA.this JUNE.. .IM going to follow him after my exam HOPEFULLy I PASS...

Its suck coz schools and hospitals are here in FLorida and they are better here.. Planning to Pursue RN too..but since I have BACHELORS degree in COMPSCIE back in the PHILIPPINES now I'm planning to pursue "RN" after this CNA thing it will take me 2 more yrs prolly, becoz i had 136 credits approved fr my former DEGREE as BS COMPSCIENCE

DOES ANYBODY KNOW which school to go in GUAM???? for NURSING?

thank you I will aprreciate your help...

Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 PM

21 posts, read 68,195 times
I lived on Guam for a few years and we lived on Anderson AFB. I would seriously recommend living on the Navy base if you are eligible. This is especially important when it is typhoon season. Power can be out for weeks on the island off base if it gets hit with a big typhoon. Housing in expensive and limited. You can access info on rentals through the base housing offices. The schools on Guam are horrible and unsafe. However, I did enjoy Guam and loved the beaches and island life. If you don't mind the heat, you will enjoy all season golfing and I would recommend learning to dive while your there. Try and travel to Australia while your down there to...4 hr flight away. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories