U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 04:11 PM

25,058 posts, read 24,031,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
At least we know that Mexicans don't know how to use the "Multi-Quote" button on a forum. ;-)
He's not even a true Mexican. He's an American of Mexican descent, if we were to believe that. Not a natural born Mexican citizen.

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-06-2014 at 04:47 PM..

Old 11-06-2014, 09:11 PM

101 posts, read 167,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
At least we know that Mexicans don't know how to use the "Multi-Quote" button on a forum. ;-)
I like answering them one at a time. I seen the Multi quote post and don't like it but that is just me.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 AM

101 posts, read 167,972 times
Mod Edit/Quote removed

These Central Americans countries all broke off the Great Mexican Empire. Now they will be stuck in misery and nothingness till they decide to rejoin. LOL In 2016 Guatemalans may vote to rejoin Mexico. I am not sure if this is good or not for our country. Guatemala will basically get all the benefits of being Mexican. Mexicans should also vote to see if we want them part of our great country.

They also need to ditch their flag and put the Mexican Flag as its country flag and National anthem or Mexicans will say no to them joining the Mexican Union as a state. The only reason Mexico would want to do it is reunite the Mayan Empires which were Mexican. Mexico though should only allow our next door neighbors because we also will inherit their bad economy bad education system and much infrastructure will need to be built up as well as security. Mexico will not know how many problems will come by adding Guatemala as a state.

Guatemala will inherit many advantages like a better economy and more opportunists and more jobs for their people. Guatemalans will also get to be part of Liga MX a bigger futbol league with tons of media coverage and more possibilities for all Guatemalans who are good enough to play for club teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1AX3X_GG7Y#t=53

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-11-2014 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Removed quoted post and also personal attacks

Old 11-11-2014, 08:37 AM

11,049 posts, read 4,072,549 times
Mod eidt

Why would Guatemala give up their sovereignty and independence to join Mexico as a state where Mexico treats Guatemalans as red headed step childs. Mexicans come to the U.S. and complain about how Americans treat their illegals and do protests in American soil to complain about our laws and government which in reality we treat them nice in comparison in how Mexico treat the Guatemalans that enter Mexico. You think Mexico allows Guatemalans to protest in public in Mexican soil about the Mexican's government harsh and inhumane treatment of illegal immigration that enters Mexico in their south of the border? pleassssseeeeee!....and the Mexicans have the nerve to call Americans racists for wanting to enforce our laws and protect the border. Talk about hypocrisy from the Mexicans and their government.

I can see Mexico and other countries in Central American forming a union for economic purposes like the European Union or what South American countries are doing but I highly doubt Guatemala and any other country in Central American would give up their sovereignty and independence to join Mexico which they won't be treated as equals in no way, shape or form.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-11-2014 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Removed personal attack

Old 11-11-2014, 01:04 PM

16,250 posts, read 27,810,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Yep. I think it's a sad thing. Most mexicans I know are always talking about the glories, the beauty, the wealth, and the largeness of Mexico. Yet, here they are moving to a tiny island which many of them talk bad about or simply despise for one competitive reason or another.

I've openly talked about this subject with mexicans in a sort of tit-for-tat tone. And of course, I've heard..."Oh please, don't tell me there aren't any Puerto Ricans living in Mexico?" My response..."Sure. There are probably a few. But, I bet you there are far more mexicans in Puerto Rico than there are Puerto Ricans in Mexico." End of the conversation!

I live in Southern California, better known as northern Mexico. While I DO know a handful of decent mexicans whom I consider good friends, the fact is that the majority of the ones I've met are "less-than-desirable" people. I sincerely feel that this is so unfortunate.

They are such a hard working people with - in my opinion - a ton of potential. But unfortunately, many of them are not interested in higher education or vocational training. They prefer to cut grass day and night under 98 degrees of heat before getting an education. They take great pride for such arduous labor to the point where it seems to be a badge of honor for them. There's a running joke around here amongst contractors. They say..."you don't have to pay a mexican to dig the ditch. You have to pay them to STOP digging the ditch."

Areas in which they are predominant tend to degrade rapidly. Southern California is not what it use to be three decades ago due to the enormous influx of illegal immigrants predominantly from Mexico.

I wished like hell that Mexico was a first world nation. This would give many of them reason to return to their homeland which so many are so deeply proud of. Unfortunately, the corruption in Mexican society runs way too deep and is darn near impossible to get rid of.
You don't sound as though you know many Mexicans at all.

They work hard and would prefer to work over school? Not so. They work hard so that they can get the younger generation through school. They work hard building a life so that their kids and grand kids will have better opportunities. My mother in law came here and worked in the fields. She was one of 12 or so kids. The older kids and parents worked so that the younger kids could get an education. The older family members worked at anything so they could afford to rent and then later buy a place to call home. They would rather sacrifice their life so that those that come after them can have a better life. It is not that they don't want to go to school to get a better carreer it is that going to school would mean not bringing in an income. School to them was something that they did without.

I can look to those in my wifes family who are now established here. Nurses, school teachers, Police officers, business owners, Engineers, they all went to school and all have a better life than those that came before them. They are home owners, they have free time now, they are living the American dream. Both my mother and father in law have passed away. They worked hard and the results are with their children.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:44 PM

4,924 posts, read 5,164,605 times
The Mexican drug cartels have taken over Mexico sadly and parts of Southern California, Texas, Arizona and Nevada. Mexican cartels are so dangerous now even the Russian Mob won't mess with them lol.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:21 AM

11,049 posts, read 4,072,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
The Mexican drug cartels have taken over Mexico sadly and parts of Southern California, Texas, Arizona and Nevada. Mexican cartels are so dangerous now even the Russian Mob won't mess with them lol.

that's why I said Mexico would have been better off if the Americans would have taken all over Mexico during the American/Mexican war. The U.S. went as far as Mexico City but retreated after the treaty. It would be a far better place today under American rule. Mexico right now is hopeless with the drug cartels, corrupt government and corrupt police. The prostitution and exploitation of children is beyond words.

Kidnapping is a way of life for the criminals to make easy money down there. If you or your family have money living in Mexico, you and your family are always a target for kidnapping and the sad part about it most of the time the cops are involved with the kidnappers and you might as well pay the money, the cops ain't going to do squat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories