U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 PM

758 posts, read 2,004,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migue View Post
we all now the reason why they wanna be in PR and it's because of our women!!! i'd do the same if i was living around a bunch of women with no curves,booty and feminine beauty!!!!
LOL! they have curves alright:
Official: Obesity High in Puerto Rico - Health News - redOrbit

Old 11-13-2009, 08:23 PM

34 posts, read 86,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post

At least they got curves still and not manly looking shoulders and mustaches.

I never said slim or fit,i said curves in general,wether slim,fat,average etc... Obesity is EVERYWHERE tonto.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:46 PM

3 posts, read 11,755 times
What if a Mexican was born in PR? Would they be a U.S. citizen: a Puerto Rican (Puertorriqueño)?

Like a Mexican born in California(Chicano), or in Texas: Texan(Tejano), but in PR? a Mexican American calling their self a Puerto Rican, Puertorriqueño and saying thats where they were from? becuase their parents migrated there or were Mexican Americans living or just visiting there and thats were they were born?

What would all of you or anyone would say about that? What if you knew a Mexican born in PR? I mean how would that Mexican feel, cause a would'nt know how I would feel?

This goes for all other Latino/Hispanics too.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,801,120 times
A Mexican born in PR is a US Citizen. On the other question, if he grows up with PR customs, he'll probably be treated as a Puerto Rican. If he keeps Mexicans customs, he will be called a Mexican.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:06 PM

758 posts, read 2,004,140 times
It's complicated... if I have kids on the island and raise them here (I don't foresee it), more than likely they'll grow up Puerto Rican. But they'll be Mexican as far as ancestry is concerned. It happens all over Latin America: Argentinians' children in Mexico become Mexican, Peruvians' children in Chile become Chilean, Dominicans' children in Puerto Rico become Puerto Ricain. It takes a couple generations though... if my children are born in PR, more than likely they'll still retain some 'Mexicanness' ... but their children won't.

If by the time children come I can afford private school and a nicer house with good security, I'll stay, but if not, I'll go to the states. Its' a tough place for children.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
Well I believe the people talking **** about Mexicans are pathetic and make my fellow Mexican, Puerto Rican, and United States born look like incompetent children. Address the question. I have lived in Puerto Rico, Mexico, and currently live in the U.S of A in Chicago. The reason why there are Mexican produce in Puerto Rico is simply because when the Puerto Ricans migrate to the United States, they are influenced with Mexican produce as well, and take it back to the Island. Understand that all Latin-America eat the same food as well. Taco's are served in Guatemala, Colombia, El Salvador, and Honduras all have their own unique styles. The absolute truth is that Mexicans do not migrate to Puerto Rico. The Census will account for that because the only people who migrate to Puerto Rico are, Caucasian Americans, Puerto Ricans from The Mainland, Dominicans, Haitians, and Cubans.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:43 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,416,272 times
Exclamation An easy way to get to america

They, like many others, are coming into Puerto Rico, for their UNDERGROUND PAPERS. Once they become Puerto Ricans, via some dead person's birth certificate, they are American Cititzens..................

Old 01-23-2010, 10:35 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,801,120 times
They're making it harder now to get birth certificates in PR. It's about time.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:05 PM

450 posts, read 786,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
They're making it harder now to get birth certificates in PR. It's about time.
I am glad to hear that, because that is the way that so many people from the Dominican Republic got there............

Old 01-28-2010, 06:46 PM

4 posts, read 12,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migue View Post
we all now the reason why they wanna be in PR and it's because of our women!!! i'd do the same if i was living around a bunch of women with no curves,booty and feminine beauty!!!!
Obviously you are clueless about mexican women. plus why would you prefer somebody thatsgoing to end up cheating on you anyways.. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories