U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Atlanta & NYC
6,616 posts, read 12,068,239 times
Reputation: 6619

Advertisements

^^^^ *applause*

 
Old 02-03-2013, 06:39 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,113 times
Reputation: 10
Mexicans are not stupid coming to the island of PR they find easier ways to meet an American citizen who is Hispanic, easy immigration process!
 
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,046 times
Reputation: 16
You are all the product of ignorance. It never ceases to amaze me how those of you speaking poorly of the immigration situation in the US have no idea whether you are dealing with Salvadorian Refugees or Guatemalan victims, seeing as how you are not going up to every Latino face you see and asking them if they are Mexican, but simply assuming their ethnicity because Mexico borders the US. As for the whole Puerto Rican perspective, please do not even bother opining, considering that Puerto Rico is part of the US and chooses to remain a commonwealth in order to enjoy benefits and escape hard work. Puerto Ricans unanimously admit to the fact with pride, knowing they have no interest in becoming a state (it would eliminate the mooching) or becoming independent (too much actual work involved). Mexicans, on the other hand are very proud of the riches their country has to offer and because they are also unafraid of risk and hard work, will willingly emigrate to the US for a time and work as needed because of lesser social class rigidity. After the money is made, they return back home to share it with their families, a value treasured above all else. If any of you knew what you were actually talking about, you would see that Mexico is actually one of the rare countries of the world whose people exhibit immense pride yet do not disparage other countries/cultures in the process, because we are that secure. As someone who has lived all over the world, a word of advice: do not say a word, if you have not only an absence of facts, but a complete dearth of experience to explain away ridiculous statements. Also, just so you know, having lived in Puerto Rico, there is no authentic Mexican cuisine on the island as tacos and burritos are not defined as ground beef and sour cream. For all your sakes, broaden your minds, travel, realize that how could it be humanly possible or even desirable for there to be more Mexicans in Puerto Rico than the other way around when every state in Mexico is a new country in its own right. We are a people of pride, mix, beauty and richness and if you refuse to acknowledge that, you should keep quiet, as there is enough evil in the world that no more of it needs to be spread through ignorant mouths.
 
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,732 posts, read 8,781,056 times
Reputation: 7139
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecheex View Post
Puerto Rico is part of the US and chooses to remain a commonwealth in order to enjoy benefits and escape hard work. Puerto Ricans unanimously admit to the fact with pride, knowing they have no interest in becoming a state
Not anymore ... the colony status was rejected by 54% of voters.
div1.ceepur.org/REYDI_NocheDelEvento/index.html#es/default/CONDICION_POLITICA_TERRITORIAL_ACTUAL_ISLA.xml
div1.ceepur.org/REYDI_NocheDelEvento/index.html#es/default/OPCIONES_NO_TERRITORIALES_ISLA.xml

Ignorance ... I think that would describe your comments towards Puerto Ricans.

Mexican don't disparage other countries? They certainly flaunt disrespect for my nation and it's laws.
 
Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM
 
355 posts, read 617,603 times
Reputation: 611
Rcheex - Another first post from a troll of many names. More rant and more drivel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecheex View Post
You are all the product of ignorance. It never ceases to amaze me how those of you speaking poorly of the immigration situation in the US have no idea whether you are dealing with Salvadorian Refugees or Guatemalan victims, seeing as how you are not going up to every Latino face you see and asking them if they are Mexican, but simply assuming their ethnicity because Mexico borders the US. As for the whole Puerto Rican perspective, please do not even bother opining, considering that Puerto Rico is part of the US and chooses to remain a commonwealth in order to enjoy benefits and escape hard work. Puerto Ricans unanimously admit to the fact with pride, knowing they have no interest in becoming a state (it would eliminate the mooching) or becoming independent (too much actual work involved). Mexicans, on the other hand are very proud of the riches their country has to offer and because they are also unafraid of risk and hard work, will willingly emigrate to the US for a time and work as needed because of lesser social class rigidity. After the money is made, they return back home to share it with their families, a value treasured above all else. If any of you knew what you were actually talking about, you would see that Mexico is actually one of the rare countries of the world whose people exhibit immense pride yet do not disparage other countries/cultures in the process, because we are that secure. As someone who has lived all over the world, a word of advice: do not say a word, if you have not only an absence of facts, but a complete dearth of experience to explain away ridiculous statements. Also, just so you know, having lived in Puerto Rico, there is no authentic Mexican cuisine on the island as tacos and burritos are not defined as ground beef and sour cream. For all your sakes, broaden your minds, travel, realize that how could it be humanly possible or even desirable for there to be more Mexicans in Puerto Rico than the other way around when every state in Mexico is a new country in its own right. We are a people of pride, mix, beauty and richness and if you refuse to acknowledge that, you should keep quiet, as there is enough evil in the world that no more of it needs to be spread through ignorant mouths.
 
Old 11-06-2014, 10:48 AM
 
101 posts, read 167,972 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Yep. I think it's a sad thing. Most mexicans I know are always talking about the glories, the beauty, the wealth, and the largeness of Mexico. Yet, here they are moving to a tiny island which many of them talk bad about or simply despise for one competitive reason or another.

I've openly talked about this subject with mexicans in a sort of tit-for-tat tone. And of course, I've heard..."Oh please, don't tell me there aren't any Puerto Ricans living in Mexico?" My response..."Sure. There are probably a few. But, I bet you there are far more mexicans in Puerto Rico than there are Puerto Ricans in Mexico." End of the conversation!

I live in Southern California, better known as northern Mexico. While I DO know a handful of decent mexicans whom I consider good friends, the fact is that the majority of the ones I've met are "less-than-desirable" people. I sincerely feel that this is so unfortunate.

They are such a hard working people with - in my opinion - a ton of potential. But unfortunately, many of them are not interested in higher education or vocational training. They prefer to cut grass day and night under 98 degrees of heat before getting an education. They take great pride for such arduous labor to the point where it seems to be a badge of honor for them. There's a running joke around here amongst contractors. They say..."you don't have to pay a mexican to dig the ditch. You have to pay them to STOP digging the ditch."

Areas in which they are predominant tend to degrade rapidly. Southern California is not what it use to be three decades ago due to the enormous influx of illegal immigrants predominantly from Mexico.

I wished like hell that Mexico was a first world nation. This would give many of them reason to return to their homeland which so many are so deeply proud of. Unfortunately, the corruption in Mexican society runs way too deep and is darn near impossible to get rid of.
California is Mexican homeland. LOL California use to be part of Mexico but the U.S took it over like they took over Puerto Rico fool.

The truth is not many Mexicans go live in Puerto Rico. What the Fk 4? Majority of Mexicans live in the Southwest in California, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Colorado. Their should be Mexican flight back from Puerto Rico. All I know is that 99.9% of Mexicans aren't going to live in Puerto Rico and don't want to.

Los Angeles, San Antonio Albuqueque, Santa Fe, and many more cities were built by Mexicans. Los Angeles is the 2nd largest Mexican city after Mexico city. Yes it is part of the United States and both California and Texas became part of the union before Puerto Rico in 1898. Mexicans people though have been in these areas longer than Anglos and with their Amerindian ancestry it predates everyone. Caribbean Hispanic are from the Caribbean or as they like to think Spain but most likely Africa and Mexicans are from the North American continent. Always were and always will be due to our ancestors. Mexico itself is name after the Mexica or the Aztecas and they orginated from the Southwest of the United States. Look up Uto Azteca or AridoAmerica.

Last edited by ElMexicano; 11-06-2014 at 11:07 AM..
 
Old 11-06-2014, 11:08 AM
 
101 posts, read 167,972 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Tell me about it bro! Seems like you're in Northern Cali. I'm in the south, better known as Northern Mexico. I'll be the first to admit that I DO have a handful of tight second or third generation Mexican-American friends. Their mentality is totally different from that of those who grew up in Mexico. The new arrivals are a whole other story. They're deplorable. I don't understand the mentality. They mostly display a backward way of thinking and tend to look down at every Latino who doesn't agree with their ways. I ignore them or go out of my way to avoid contact with them.

Aside from just being interested in menial/labor work, most of the ones I've met have ZERO regard for the rule of law or normally acceptable behavior. I went to a gathering several years ago. Most were Mexicans. I showed up with my brother. He and I drank in moderation knowing that we'd both have to drive later. I saw a few of these guys get really drunk and jump right into their car to drive away. I asked the host about their condition. His response..."Oh, don't worry! They're use to it."

I could give other examples but what's the point. Maybe the ones in PR will learn a lesson in civility. If not, they will surely get their asses kicked (again)!


Yes like Puerto Ricans getting stomped for acting stupid in the Southwest.
 
Old 11-06-2014, 11:11 AM
 
101 posts, read 167,972 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I pray you're wrong. I met a husband and wife of mexican descent during a 4 hour hike in El Yunque in 2008. I spoke mainly to the wife. The husband for some reason kept his distance. Not sure why he behaved that way. But the point is that the wife assured me that they weren't planning to move away at all. I cringed inside.

Can you imagine if a million decided to do the same???

Given the limited resources and land mass of Puerto Rico, I sincerely believe there should be limits as to how many people are allowed to live on the island. Same goes for the number of cars that should be allowed on the island.

It is just like Mexicans don't want Puerto Ricans in Mexico or in the Southwest were Mexicans live. Mexicans laugh are your people's Afro Ebonic Spanish and having P.R flags on your car like you are conquering something. LOL Now you know the feeling is mutual.
 
Old 11-06-2014, 11:35 AM
 
101 posts, read 167,972 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray spikey View Post
Well I'm not really concerned of meeting people of my ethnic descent in PR I don't need to meet them, if I see them I'll just be like "cool there in PR too," its just, I just read some of the messages saying that they saw Mexican people in PR, and I've seen a few videos of PR and I saw some people from Mexico in them, and I thought to myself "I just saw some Mexican people in PR in this vid(s).?" So after I saw some of the videos, I was wondering is there a possibility of Costa Rican people and Guatemalan people in PR since there are some Mexican people in PR? becuase I know there are alot of Puerto Ricans in Mexico, Guatemala, and Costa Rica (well maybe not alot, alot) becuase I've actually seen it.

And I've already vacationed down in Guatemala and Mexico but not Costa Rica yet, I might vacation in Costa Rica some other time, the reason I'm going to PR is becuase I have a Puerto Rican friend who is going there to visit and he wants me to come with him, and I've also alwaysed wanted to visit PR someday to see how it was like, well since my friend invited thats my chance so I'm taking it.

And no I want be disapointed if I don't see anyone of my descent in PR, it don't really matter to me, I'm just asking are there any in PR, if I see any Mexicans or any other Latino/Hispanic people in PR thats enough for me.
Their are not many Puerto Ricans living in Mexico. Their are only 12,000 Cubans living in Mexico. Mexico though can be an extremely dangerous place even for Mexicans so you can imagine how it can be with Outsiders.

2010 Census Foreigners living in Mexico I will round up all the numbers except for the first one which is the United States. Según el Censo de Población y Vivienda 2010, en México hay 961.121 personas nacidas en otro país, lo que equivale al 0,86% de la población total. En la siguiente tabla se detalla la procedencia de las principales comunidades extranjeras que han residido en México de manera legal.18

1. U.S Citizens living in Mexico 738,103
2. Espanoles 77k
3. Guatemalans 35K
4. Colombians 14K
5. Argentineans 14K
6. Cubans 12K
7. Hondurans 11K
8. Venezuelans 10.5K
9. Salvadorians 8K
10. Canadians 8K
11. French 7K
12. Chinese 7K
13. Germans 6K
14. Peruvians 6K
15. Chileans 5K


What this means is their is less than 5 thousand Puerto Ricans living in Mexico so their isn't many. From the Caribbean the biggest population is Cubans 12K.
 
Old 11-06-2014, 12:08 PM
 
473 posts, read 670,262 times
Reputation: 402
So Mexico counts Puerto Ricans as non-US citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top