U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 01:44 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,487,320 times

Advertisements

Here is a good example of one........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O77nukszxU
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 05:11 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,487,320 times
Default And how about this one....

Dancing to Ricky Martin, "!Que`Mas Da`!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hZmh...eature=related

Old 11-27-2010, 06:53 PM

16,183 posts, read 39,310,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
I know this thread just won’t go away, but I wanted to throw in my two cents as a gringo who just moved to the island. Sorry if I generalize or offend anyone, but this is just what I’ve observed in the 3 weeks of living here. First off I am a 25 year old grad student, I pride myself on being a gentleman and I do fine with girls in the States, but I don’t consider myself a ladies’ man or anything. Let me tell you, it was almost intimidating/overwhelming at first how much I am noticed here! But I credit that to the novelty..the Boricua girls I know in New Orleans are so sought after by guys because there aren’t many; having green eyes and fair skin and dressing like a gringo “frat boy” isn’t a common thing here, you will noticed!

From going on a few dates and just talking to girls I’ve noticed that some, not all, of the girls here posses a combination of traits you probably won’t find in the States. Here many girls can be fun, sexy and flirtatious and still be good church girls that don’t wear religion on their sleeve or judge people. All that in one package I never saw in the States! Being from Louisiana I am used to the emphasis on family but I love how ladies here tend to understand the importance of family, even the distant relatives!

Someone on here mentioned how most girls in a certain age bracket (18-late 20’s) are pretty much beautiful everywhere, but let me tell you, here it seems to start early and end late.. and I am more referring to an attitude rather than a look. I never found myself seriously attracted to older women until I came here. The woman who sold me car insurance here was at least 40, and you could tell, but her dress, mannerisms, and proper ways were just so sexy! On the flipside, it seems like young girls here are taught by their older sisters/mothers how to be appealing. If I drive past a junior high or high school and see the boys and girls interacting, it just seems like the young girls know how to carry themselves like little heartbreakers. They flirt/exude a persona that younger girls in the states would either be clueless about or uncomfortable doing, but it’s still in an innocent way. A girl I talked to told me when she was 15 she used to go to Kmart every day, not to buy anything, but to walk to the pharmacist’s counter and give the “sweet eyes” and talk to a gentleman well in his 20’s! I have passed girls much younger than me, and the cycle pretty much goes (on their part): Eye contact-huge smile-giggling when I have already passed them. It’s innocent though, there’s nothing inappropriate in the exchange.

I am also amazed at the ethnic/racial diversity. You have it all here. Beautiful mulatto/Afro-PRican girls, blondes, redheads, and what drives me wild..the tan tan girls with jet black hair! But there is everything in between. I’ve also never been to a place where so many women make wearing glasses the sexiest thing ever, I can’t describe why but they definitely pull it off here! Well folks that’s my rant, all I can say is God Bless Puerto Rican girls! If I find the “right one” over here I would be a happy man!
Just as a disclaimer, I'm already married now....but still have eyes...so certainly notice what you're saying!!

What surprised me about your post though....as a gringo white guy myself (french/irish)...I always just assumed Puerto Rican women were only interested in Puerto Rican men.

I use to live in NYC for a few years....and it was certainly the case there.

Prior to NYC, I spent a month in South America...and the entire range of women who go under the umbrella term 'latina' is just incredibly amazing. Your description sounds like the entire continent of Latinas across South America all seem to exist throughout that little island. I certainly loved living in Brazil...and always thought the Carribean islands, moreso Cuba, but certainly Puerto Rico or maybe even the Dominican Republic might be the closest thing to it.

Regarding the 'obesity' theme around many of the other posts. I think this is an epedemic throughout the Americas from USA to BRazil. I've been reading about an obesity problem down in Brazil just the same...and certainly has effected Mexico. I've read that even in the already 'large' usa, the mexican population has higher levels of obesity than the caucasian populations. I would be surprised if PR was able to buck the trend.

I was also surprised that PR has sprawl? I've google mapped San Juan and it looks very walkable and lots of narrow streets conducive to social interaction.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:59 AM

4,600 posts, read 7,190,076 times

Yes, PR women are very beautiful!!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:58 PM

450 posts, read 817,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Just as a disclaimer, I'm already married now....but still have eyes...so certainly notice what you're saying!!

What surprised me about your post though....as a gringo white guy myself (french/irish)...I always just assumed Puerto Rican women were only interested in Puerto Rican men.

I use to live in NYC for a few years....and it was certainly the case there.

Prior to NYC, I spent a month in South America...and the entire range of women who go under the umbrella term 'latina' is just incredibly amazing. Your description sounds like the entire continent of Latinas across South America all seem to exist throughout that little island. I certainly loved living in Brazil...and always thought the Carribean islands, moreso Cuba, but certainly Puerto Rico or maybe even the Dominican Republic might be the closest thing to it.

Regarding the 'obesity' theme around many of the other posts. I think this is an epedemic throughout the Americas from USA to BRazil. I've been reading about an obesity problem down in Brazil just the same...and certainly has effected Mexico. I've read that even in the already 'large' usa, the mexican population has higher levels of obesity than the caucasian populations. I would be surprised if PR was able to buck the trend.

I was also surprised that PR has sprawl? I've google mapped San Juan and it looks very walkable and lots of narrow streets conducive to social interaction.
Lots of Nuyurican women (those born or reared in NYC,) marry other men who are not P.R. It maybe difficult to tell the difference because their main language is English.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:40 PM

27 posts, read 34,093 times
I was hoping this was gonna be a picture thread.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:46 PM

759 posts, read 1,806,820 times
Puerto Rican girls are beautiful.

I would say, though, that Colombian and Dominican girls are generally even better.

Just my opinion, though. All three are great.

Also, if you want to see beautiful girls from all three cultures, visit NYC or NJ.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 PM

16,183 posts, read 39,310,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
Puerto Rican girls are beautiful.

I would say, though, that Colombian and Dominican girls are generally even better.

Just my opinion, though. All three are great.

Also, if you want to see beautiful girls from all three cultures, visit NYC or NJ.
or better yet South Florida or Orlando.

Tons of Puerto Ricans, Colombians, Brazilians and Cubans!! Plus all the other Carribbean countries - Haitians, Trinidadians, Jamaicans, etc.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 PM

686 posts, read 1,596,348 times
Quote:

Tons of Puerto Ricans, Colombians, Brazilians and Cubans!! Plus all the other Carribbean countries - Haitians, Trinidadians, Jamaicans, etc.

I prefer the Colombianas many of them have that light skinned mestiza look.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 PM

759 posts, read 1,806,820 times
Quote:

Yeah, South Florida and Orlando are good choices too, but there are far more Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Colombians in the NYC area, so that's why it would be the best choice.

Actually there are far more of all the Caribbean countries in the NYC area than in Florida (except for Cubans, of course), so NYC would be the best choice in raw numbers.

But both areas are good choices. Florida is basically #2 for all these groups (except for Cubans), and NYC area is #2 for Cubans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories