U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 02:59 PM

81 posts, read 437,243 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever did the G.E.D in St.Thomas or St.Croix? Have a few questions that I need to ask. If you can could you please send me the email address of anyone who did it that I can communicate with. Although I completed high school in another country I still need to have the G.E.D to enter college. Any assistance is appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM

24,671 posts, read 65,158,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado26 View Post
Anyone ever did the G.E.D in St.Thomas or St.Croix? Have a few questions that I need to ask. If you can could you please send me the email address of anyone who did it that I can communicate with. Although I completed high school in another country I still need to have the G.E.D to enter college. Any assistance is appreciated.
The US Virgin Islands are a territory of the United States and there are no short cuts available here where GED certification is concerned.

I'm confused about your question. You completed high school in another country but need the GED to qualify for entry into a US college?

Suggest you go to the first "sticky" at the top of this page and learn all about what it takes to emigrate to the US. Same rules apply throughout the US, whether mainland or territory.

To be honest, your high school education in another country in no way qualifies you to come to the US. Nobody can help you with that. Cheers!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:43 PM

81 posts, read 437,243 times
In the process of getting green card. My mom lives in Texas and because I am the married child mine takes a bit longer than my unmarried who got theirs in 2002/03.

I would NEVER and I repeat NEVER live in the U.S or any other country illegally. Have great job, nice home, husband is an airline manager so I travel rebated/ pass rider. I use to work with airline previously myself. Presently a manager/ dept head for an import/export company. Home will be paid off soon and my teenage daughter goes off to Univ in U.S in August. I would like to go soon after. She is doing SAT for Univ admission and I need to the G.E.D to get into a college. I will be going in as a mature student but it is a personal ambition of mine.

I called Prometric who handles the G.E.D in the U.S mainland and was told that the islands I would have to go to to sit the exam are SAnto Domingo, Puerto Rico, St.Thomas or St.Croix. I called STX, ( would prefer STX as my husband as relatives there ) and they told me to call STT as STT is responsible for STX. I called STT. They told me the fees, the docs I would need to bring including photos etc. Told me I had to take a pre test first and once I pass I can do G.E.D on next available date. I am going to begin taking some maths lessons from January and aim to do the pre test and G.E.D in May if that time is available. Unfortunately, the adult education division in STT does not have a website nor an email address that I could use to submitt my questions. Emailing is the best way to communicate in this instance but I understand their situation. I have decided to start to jot down my questions when they pop up and then make one phone call. I don't want to be seen as disturbing them. Just trying to plan myself. I am just one of those organized people - but not overly organized.

Thank you for responding though. You were the only one who responded and I sincerely appreciate it. I know you meant well. I gave up on getting a response hence the reason I am replying today. Thanks again. Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories