U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:29 AM

7,801 posts, read 9,332,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmontford View Post
You're really stupid. If a Puerto Rican can obtain Spanish Citizenship with a P.R citizenship, automatically he will he able to live and work in any E.U country, including the 7 countries that are above USA on all development and richness rankings out there. Go back to school...in a foreign country please!!!
The EU is dying, the EU will not exist in a decade ... we can thank Germany and France. Their obsession with turning the EU into a joint Franco-German Empire turned off everyone else. Believe me, Brexit is only the beginning.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 AM

11,048 posts, read 4,572,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmontford View Post
Your Constitution says torture it's illegal, and yet, US Gov created Guantanamo. Is there anything more "dark" than invade a territory from a country you're not even allies to perpetrate acts that you're forbid in your own territory?? It's not about politics, it's about ethics, morale, honor. Better face the truth in P.R than live under a big lie in US.

define torture? not giving dessert after 3 meals to enemy combatants that declared war on us and want to destroy us? LOL

What about Guantanamo? Its a U.S. military base and we are at war with extremists, unless you want to send enemy combatants to your local jailhouses in Puerto Rico. I'm sure they have a high security jails in Jayuya and Barranquitas to deal with these enemy combatants.

I didn't understand your invade territory from a country we are not allies comment is about.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:33 PM

2,482 posts, read 1,848,559 times
^ Agree..Wilmontford in two rambling posts has called people 'stupid' and IMO has not said a thing of substance or value..
Sounds like musing of a madman to me.
My Dad used to say empty barrels make the most noise'

Case in point here.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 712 times
Greetings from a brand new user. This thread is 9 years old and the original question seems to have been lost in the discussion thread but does anyone in this forum who has personally obtained the Certificate of Puerto Rican Citizenship with an eye toward Spanish and EU citizenship have the full series of steps they followed to acquire said certificate? I just downloaded an application but it's dated 5/30/2007 and I'm wondering if there is anything more recent. In 2018, is it possible to do this online? My 23-year-old son is interested in living in Spain and other areas of Europe. I was born on the island so this Spanish citizenship option is available to him if we can track down the necessary steps. With all due respect to everyone involved, I am not interested in political discussions but only in obtaining current information on this process. Thank you for your time and trouble.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:25 AM

11,048 posts, read 4,572,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamaCitizenoftheWorld View Post
Greetings from a brand new user. This thread is 9 years old and the original question seems to have been lost in the discussion thread but does anyone in this forum who has personally obtained the Certificate of Puerto Rican Citizenship with an eye toward Spanish and EU citizenship have the full series of steps they followed to acquire said certificate? I just downloaded an application but it's dated 5/30/2007 and I'm wondering if there is anything more recent. In 2018, is it possible to do this online? My 23-year-old son is interested in living in Spain and other areas of Europe. I was born on the island so this Spanish citizenship option is available to him if we can track down the necessary steps. With all due respect to everyone involved, I am not interested in political discussions but only in obtaining current information on this process. Thank you for your time and trouble.

You have to contact the government of Spain to find out about their laws and what paperwork you have to fill out and the time frame.

What I read years ago was that if you get this certificate from the Puerto Rican government which is issued to any persons born on the island as well as to those born outside of the island that has at least one parent who was born on the island can apply for Citizenship in Spain but have to live at least two years of continuous residence in Spanish soil and your application gets priority but is no guarantee.

I only saw the certificate online not in person.

maybe the Puerto Rican government should start promoting this so they can send people to Spain and Europe instead to Florida.....lol

Old 04-17-2018, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 712 times
Here is the link to a Reddit post with all the necessary information as to how to go about obtaining a Certificate of Puerto Rican citizenship. I will check back in if I am successful in my attempt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuertoRico/..._puerto_rican/

My research informs me that you do not have to give up your U.S. citizenship and that this certificate makes you eligible for Spanish citizenship after 2 years of continuous residence on Spanish soil rather than the standard 10-year wait. If you do decide to apply for Spanish citizenship and are accepted, you are also eligible for EU citizenship. Citizenship to all of the EU countries without giving up our U.S. citizenship; not a bad deal for $30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories