Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 AM

177 posts, read 958,710 times

Advertisements

I have heard many people having the problem, and I just waited until it happens to me. It seems that they are in my car. My car is clean and I don't allow food to be eaten in it, but there is always something for them to eat.

First, how do I get rid of roaches in my car?

Second, is there a detail place in Puerto Rico that can help out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Cheap and effective - Evergreen Roach Tablets. I use them here on STT but see from looking at the packaging that they're actually manufactured and packaged in PR by the Fervill Company, Inc. at POB 235, Saint Just, PR 00978. The regular Raid and other manufactured roach traps, roach motels and powders do not work a hoot on the Caribbean critters in my long experience and are a total waste of money - but these roach tabs do the trick. Hope they help!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 AM

I'll try these, thanks! I am not too keen on spraying roach killer all over upholstery, leather seats, and the floor. Somehow driving and smelling the odor is not appealing to me.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,946,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Cheap and effective - Evergreen Roach Tablets. I use them here on STT but see from looking at the packaging that they're actually manufactured and packaged in PR by the Fervill Company, Inc. at POB 235, Saint Just, PR 00978. The regular Raid and other manufactured roach traps, roach motels and powders do not work a hoot on the Caribbean critters in my long experience and are a total waste of money - but these roach tabs do the trick. Hope they help!
Do these tablets work on ants and other creepy crawlers?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Do these tablets work on ants and other creepy crawlers?
No, they're effective against roaches, waterbugs and silverfish.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:28 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,946,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
No, they're effective against roaches, waterbugs and silverfish.
Ok, thanks.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:31 PM

72 posts, read 187,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAnswers View Post
I'll try these, thanks! I am not too keen on spraying roach killer all over upholstery, leather seats, and the floor. Somehow driving and smelling the odor is not appealing to me.
Home Depot and exterminating stores sell a product that comes in a syringe type of packaging which has worked wonders for my car and home.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:14 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
You don't have to use roach killer to get rid of the little critters. Windex, or any similar window spray, will kill them faster than you believed possible!

Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 AM

I found this:

http://pesteducation.unl.edu/pestici...ile/roach6.pdf

Wonder if there would be a market in PR for chemically free pest extermination? I suppose that it would be easy to convert a simple garage into a heating chamber. Integrity of a car should be safe at 150'F since it is possible for the temperature to reach 140 on a sunny parking lot in an hour. Trick would be to reach this temperature uniformly and within 10 minutes.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAnswers View Post
I found this:

http://pesteducation.unl.edu/pestici...ile/roach6.pdf

Wonder if there would be a market in PR for chemically free pest extermination? I suppose that it would be easy to convert a simple garage into a heating chamber. Integrity of a car should be safe at 150'F since it is possible for the temperature to reach 140 on a sunny parking lot in an hour. Trick would be to reach this temperature uniformly and within 10 minutes.
I tried to reach the link but after churning unmercifully for five minutes it came up as an error. Just off the cuff, though, and without obviously having read the info on that site, cockroaches can withstand huge doses of radiation and have survived over the millenia. They're one of the few species which, like the Terminator, always come back so I'm gravely doubtful that they're going to be even a little bit swayed by any chemical-free extermination.

Interestingly enough, when I use the Evergreen tabs, the first roaches to surface a couple of months later are very pale in color and a bit slow both mentally and physically. A few months later and everything is back to normal so out go the tabs again which I drop down into crevices and in other places inaccessible to my felines.

Roaches are just one of those species which you just have to deal with on a continual basis but (and honestly I've no stake in the company which makes them although maybe I should!) those Evergreen tablets work for me and I swear by them. And they're cheap, cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories