Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 PM

228 posts, read 507,451 times

Advertisements

They should stop the political grandstanding and help the unemployed, no matter what the circumstances or principles. In the end, neither put food on our tables and neither puts money in our mailbox for the bills.

As for being afraid to pass debt to future generations, if they keep screwing the unemployed there won't be any future generations because the current generation would've already starved to death by then.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:12 PM

115 posts, read 410,153 times
I'm OK with that. I hope they vote to open up some Federal soup kitchens soon.

Hell, I'll take a wool blanket and soup once a day at this point. The rotten bastards.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:25 PM

269 posts, read 710,678 times
I see another baited thread has been started by a Daily Kos or Huff Po operative. Yawn.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherLeeds13 View Post
I see another baited thread has been started by a Daily Kos or Huff Po operative. Yawn.

Are they hiring? I'll bull**** day/night for a ridiculously low amount of money.

Or some soup. Once a day. Maybe a piece of cornbread. All I need.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:34 PM

348 posts, read 706,920 times
Republicans are just totally out of touch. Last year 1 out of every 5 homes were robed. So if that trend continues you might have a better chance of being robed from than finding a job. I just wish I had perception for what ever eyeglasses those people see the world through.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCKEN IN N.J. View Post
Republicans are just totally out of touch. Last year 1 out of every 5 homes were robed. So if that trend continues you might have a better chance of being robed from than finding a job. I just wish I had perception for what ever eyeglasses those people see the world through.

That's not a terrible job idea, actually. Robbery. No soup kitchen, gotta do something here.

I've thought about submitting a bill to the Texas Workforce Commission- being that they call me weekly. They won't pay me to help them with their website issues, but they'll milk it off me for free. Nice.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCKEN IN N.J. View Post
Republicans are just totally out of touch. Last year 1 out of every 5 homes were robed. So if that trend continues you might have a better chance of being robed from than finding a job.
Wow that is shocking, most houses in my neighborhood are covered in siding, or with brick, however, I did have a neighbor whose house was robed as they were removing asbestos.

----------------

Quote:
Republicans using the "afraid to pass debt to future generations" excuse...
OK. And how is that an excuse that is invalid? Right now, were are paying billions so that people who should have saved when they had the chance, and who should be taking part time jobs at fast food restaurants can continue searching for jobs that won't get.

I have absolutely no problem with the concept of a social safety net. I personally don't like it, but if you are comfortable taking money out of your neighbors' pockets because you are out of work, I don't have a problem, to a point.

The notion that it should take 99 weeks to find a job is incredibly ridiculous, and the notion that we need to spend billions of dollars that we don't have is even worse.

I said it before, all you unemployed that have used over 50 ought to buy a Mandarin dictionary because you are the reason that we will be slaves to China in 10 years. You just sold another $10 billion of America to them, you can at least hedge by learning the language of our new overlords.

The Republicans are the only people in Washington with an ounce of sense in their blood. The Democrats are angry that the people have turned against them and will be voting them out of power, and handing the keys over to the adults. The Dems are going to do all the can to destroy America so that when the GOP is in power malaise will have set in. And the Democrat Party is succeeding very well. I never thought that I would say this, but I believe that the Democrats are actively trying to destroy the country. I don't believe that all the Democrats are evil, some are just useful idiots.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,752,834 times
Closed for Mod's review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment