Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM

46 posts, read 117,414 times

Advertisements

I was asking many questions about the last EB in NJ (20 weeks). Everyone kept giving me there opinion based on what they read but I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT I JUST COLLECTED MY 1ST CHECK - SO IT DOES EXIST!!! Hope this helps someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 12:20 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Which is what we kept telling you. NJ HAS to offer EB by STATE LAW.

The confusion is/was because for reasons known only to itself NJ decided to "fund" Tiers to people who were between tiers, rather than place them onto state EB as required.

This has been discussed at LENGTH in other threads already.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 PM

20 posts, read 82,142 times
been on EB since end of May. have 12 more weeks on it. what happens after the 20th week?/ does it mean no more unemployment for me?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM

Question Maybe repeat ques but what happens in NJ after you exhaust the 20 EB weeks?

Not sure if this was asked and I'm sure it was but what happens after i exhaust the 20 weeks EB I am getting?

Am I on my own then? My employment search is still fruitless. Send my resume out allot but only sales jobs and work at home scams reply. Also temp agencies contact me but even they end up no where.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:00 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim4night View Post
been on EB since end of May. have 12 more weeks on it. what happens after the 20th week?/ does it mean no more unemployment for me?
There are no further unemployment benefits at this time in New Jersey after you exhaust the full complement of 99 weeks:

• Regular benefits - up to 26 weeks
• Tier I - up to 20 weeks
• Tier II - up to 14 weeks
• Tier III - up to 13 weeks
• Tier IV - up to 6 weeks
• EB - up to 20 weeks

Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 PM

ok ty diorgirl and you were the one i hoped to answer my question. your info on unemployment compensation is always dead on.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 6,837 times
I was at 92 weeks as of July 2nd and got a letter from NJ telling me there was not more money and that was the last of the 13 weeks of EB. I never got the High EB 7 weeks that would have made me a 99er. Will I get that now that this passed or do I need to go fight for it? Im still unemployed...

Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM

NJShelby
as it was explained to me when I was given EB. they give you an amount you will be granted.. let's pretend it's 8,000, then you divide your weekly benefit amount by the total awarded amount to equal the number of weeks. once your total awarded amount is used up you are done. so my ques. to you is this.. do you still have a balance or did you exhaust the awarded amount?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJShelby View Post
I was at 92 weeks as of July 2nd and got a letter from NJ telling me there was not more money and that was the last of the 13 weeks of EB. I never got the High EB 7 weeks that would have made me a 99er. Will I get that now that this passed or do I need to go fight for it? Im still unemployed...

You need to get an explanation from a UI agent about this.

NJ has triggered both EB and High EB. Payment of EB and High EB in NJ is reliant on the three-month average unemployment rate trigger -- not on the source of funding.

States which are affected by the latest legislation are those whose EB programs require that they be funded 100% by the federal government. When that 100% funding expired at the beginning of June, many of those states phased out their EB programs.

NJ is not in that category. The state is required by law to pay EB and High EB when they are triggered by the three-month average unemployment rate.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 6,837 times
Thank you DiorGirl. I will visit the office tomorrow since calling them is useless. I know 7 weeks isn't alot but its better then nothing. I appreciate your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment