U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 PM
 
92 posts, read 284,121 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

I switched to Direct Deposit from a physical check last week (they are being discontinued in NJ). I filed today and everything went through but I did not see any message about a direct deposit. Will I get a stub with a Non negotiable statement or any other notice so I know the Direct Deposit went through?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
 
107 posts, read 270,232 times
Reputation: 95
It doesn't tell you you will receive a direct deposit. It says a check will be mailed to you on the next business day.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 AM
 
92 posts, read 284,121 times
Reputation: 23
So then will I just get a blue stub in the mail that says Non Negotiable instead of a check?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 AM
 
28 posts, read 54,221 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajay View Post
So then will I just get a blue stub in the mail that says Non Negotiable instead of a check?
Yes, and when I file on Monday I typically see the funds in my account first thing on Wednesday.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 AM
 
1,828 posts, read 4,342,294 times
Reputation: 598
Don't quite understand why they would send you anything in the mail if they are trying to save money. Where I am at (Not NJ) it gets deposited and nothing more is sent out.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: NJ
1,252 posts, read 3,207,403 times
Reputation: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
Don't quite understand why they would send you anything in the mail if they are trying to save money. Where I am at (Not NJ) it gets deposited and nothing more is sent out.
In NJ they send you a "claim for benefits" form after every payment. It states what weeks your payments are for, any reported earnings, tax withheld, remaining balance and your next certification date with the 7 questions that must be answered.
This form is attached to a non-negotiable check for direct deposit claimants, and a real check if it isn't direct deposit (which they are phasing out right now).
Where you are, don't you get ANY updated balance after each payment?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:27 AM
 
1,828 posts, read 4,342,294 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
In NJ they send you a "claim for benefits" form after every payment. It states what weeks your payments are for, any reported earnings, tax withheld, remaining balance and your next certification date with the 7 questions that must be answered.
This form is attached to a non-negotiable check for direct deposit claimants, and a real check if it isn't direct deposit (which they are phasing out right now).
Where you are, don't you get ANY updated balance after each payment?
Nope they dont give us a thing, seems like a waste of money to me sending people all that extra stuff. I can see where I am at in the process with an online account. Maybe they would send me something if I had taxes taken out. They dont show balances here, they show how many weeks you are entitled and how many you have left.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 AM
 
Location: NJ
1,252 posts, read 3,207,403 times
Reputation: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
Nope they dont give us a thing, seems like a waste of money to me sending people all that extra stuff. I can see where I am at in the process with an online account. Maybe they would send me something if I had taxes taken out. They dont show balances here, they show how many weeks you are entitled and how many you have left.
Where?
It is a waste of money. NJ does not have online accounts so they pay postage to mail this particular "claim for benefits" form to everyone regardless of payment type or taxes. It's so stupid!
I would much rather have an online account.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
 
1,828 posts, read 4,342,294 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Where?
It is a waste of money. NJ does not have online accounts so they pay postage to mail this particular "claim for benefits" form to everyone regardless of payment type or taxes. It's so stupid!
I would much rather have an online account.
Michigan, I think they have had a lot of time to refine the process here as we have really kind of been in a 1 state recession since somewhere around 2001, didn't hit me till 2008 though when everyone went down with us.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top