U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 AM

5 posts, read 25,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelebelle View Post
Go to EDD Web Cert https://cccwpd.edd.ca.gov/Security/L...2fdefault.aspx

You can claim online and the checks are issued within a day and you get them in 2 or 3 days. You have to register first, after that it is easy and painless.
Thanks - I got my new claim form for the Tier 1 extensions on Thursday and I did the tele-cert rather the web-cert. Anyone have any experience how fast they process checks through tele-cert?

Next time I will do web-cert.

Thanks again - I hope everyone gets their issues sorted and has a wonderful holiday season.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 PM

5 posts, read 21,705 times
I'm in the same boat as you. My first extension (tier) ended 11-20. The EDD website says if you are currently collecting on a first, second, or third tier of federal extension benefits and you run out of those benefits anytime after the week ending November 27, 2010, you will not be eligible to move into the next tier of extension benefits unless Congress takes further action.
Ok, but it's now almost a month without a check and I don't know what to do.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 PM

10 posts, read 23,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieNess View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. My first extension (tier) ended 11-20. The EDD website says if you are currently collecting on a first, second, or third tier of federal extension benefits and you run out of those benefits anytime after the week ending November 27, 2010, you will not be eligible to move into the next tier of extension benefits unless Congress takes further action.
Same here, My claim ended on the 14th of Novemeber and I called almost 3 times just to ensure i was going to get an extension and here it is going on a month prior and i have not received a damn thing!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:23 PM

25,085 posts, read 54,043,820 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar310 View Post
Same here, My claim ended on the 14th of Novemeber and I called almost 3 times just to ensure i was going to get an extension and here it is going on a month prior and i have not received a damn thing!
Something is wrong here. Both of you were within the eligibility dates to move to the next tier.

If your benefit year ended and you have recertified, that might account for the delay.

If your benefit year ended and you haven't recertified, call EDD to get this back on track.

Now that the extension has passed, everything in CA is going to take longer.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 AM

Elessar - what did they tell you when you called? I went online but it didn't give me the option to extend. I sent an email today and they say that responses come within 5 days. I don't want to refile online in case I screw things up. Thank you Ariadne.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Elessar - what did they tell you when you called? I went online but it didn't give me the option to extend. I sent an email today and they say that responses come within 5 days. I don't want to refile online in case I screw things up. Thank you Ariadne.
Well the first time i called they just assured me i would be receiving an extension for 20 weeks, the second instance was to re-verify that i did not need to fill out any type of submission forms in order to get the extension rolling and i was again reassured that EDD would auto file at the date of my last claim form. Now last week i called or tried to call and was directed to the edd online assistance and got a reply back that for some reason my extension was never filled but the edd rep stated it should have been filled 2 weeks ago because i was in fact eligible for an extension. Pretty ridiculous right?

Old 12-17-2010, 01:02 PM

My friend went to the office and when he got there they told him to use the phone to call Sacramento. They couldn't even help him. That's why I emailed instead.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:53 PM

Well I received the continued claim form today for the weeks of 11/14/11/21, Which I'm assuming/hoping is my extension the only weird thing is at the top of the stub there are no funds listed. ie $5,555 left on claim, it just states that this form is being sent to bring my claim up to date and must be mailed in before 12/27.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:20 PM

At least you got it! Nothing for me yet, fingers crossed.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 PM

Finally heard and it's a good thing I emailed. Said they mailed out a form on the 20th for 11/27 - 12/18. I would strongly recommend that if you are waiting on them to contact you and it's been more than 2 weeks - email them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment