U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,877 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have two questions I was hoping someone could answer.

With Unemployment benefits in NJ I understand there is a two week wait for benefits to start - be mailed/deposited. Do those benefits date back two weeks to your filing date (Ie the first check is for two weeks) or do you basically miss the first week?

My second question is in regard to the tuition waiver program in NJ.
If already enrolled in school part-time and you have accumulated 35 credits towards a bachelors degree would you still be eligible to enroll in the tuition waiver program if you go to fulltime classes; even if the amount of credits needed in order to graduate are not met by the time your unemployment would expire? My concern is that with extensions up to 2 years in unemployment benefits realistically it would take at least another 3 years to accumulate the credits to graduate even if attending fulltime with the waiver program.

In simpler terms do you have to have the degree finished before your unemployment expires and can you receive a fulltime tuition waiver to continue/come closer to finishing your education if you were already in an educational program part time before being laid off?

Anyone have any experience in this?
Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,915 times
Go to your nearest One-Stop Career Center, attend a Reemployment Orientation and you will be able to see what services are for you. Good luck
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment