Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-13-2011, 12:38 AM
 
2 posts, read 4,182 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I just got a new claim form that is requiring me to show a work history. I think it is for Fed-Ed extension. I do most of my work search online (through dice, monster, careerbuilder, sometimes directly through company sites). I wasn't keeping a history of jobs I applied for because my claim was just reopened after I stopped getting claim forms last October.

Now, it wants job searches from Jan 23-Feb 05, and I only have definitive proof of applying for two jobs via email. The other jobs I applied for only gave me a "Thank you" page which I did not save.

What do I do? I don't want to put down dates I think are accurate when they may not be on the off chance they look into these things and risk getting in trouble with the law.

I tried calling them before, but could not find out how to get in touch with a live person. I am in California, if that helps. I really need help, and hope I didn't screw myself out of benefits for not knowing to keep records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2011, 07:28 AM
 
330 posts, read 1,456,708 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubusunagami View Post
I just got a new claim form that is requiring me to show a work history. I think it is for Fed-Ed extension. I do most of my work search online (through dice, monster, careerbuilder, sometimes directly through company sites). I wasn't keeping a history of jobs I applied for because my claim was just reopened after I stopped getting claim forms last October.

Now, it wants job searches from Jan 23-Feb 05, and I only have definitive proof of applying for two jobs via email. The other jobs I applied for only gave me a "Thank you" page which I did not save.

What do I do? I don't want to put down dates I think are accurate when they may not be on the off chance they look into these things and risk getting in trouble with the law.

I tried calling them before, but could not find out how to get in touch with a live person. I am in California, if that helps. I really need help, and hope I didn't screw myself out of benefits for not knowing to keep records.
Put down all work searches as best you can, try to remember what jobs you applied for, when, where (craigslist, Monster, Indeed etc.) from the ones that gave you a thank you message. If can't remember try looking at your temporary internet files for the dates you visted those sites and work from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 03:07 PM
 
2 posts, read 4,182 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaj2 View Post
Put down all work searches as best you can, try to remember what jobs you applied for, when, where (craigslist, Monster, Indeed etc.) from the ones that gave you a thank you message. If can't remember try looking at your temporary internet files for the dates you visted those sites and work from there.
Good idea, I'll try that. Another question, can you give me an example on how to fill out this thing for an internet submission? Can I just do:

Date: When I applied (assuming I can find it)
Company: Company I applied for (Like Laserfiche)
Address: ...should I put monster.com here? Or go look for the company's site?
Person: What goes here? N/A? HR? Internet?
Type: Type of job I applied for?
Result: If I haven't heard anything, "Pending"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Ocean County, NJ
621 posts, read 2,325,890 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubusunagami View Post
Good idea, I'll try that. Another question, can you give me an example on how to fill out this thing for an internet submission? Can I just do:

Date: When I applied (assuming I can find it)
Company: Company I applied for (Like Laserfiche)
Address: ...should I put monster.com here? Or go look for the company's site?
Person: What goes here? N/A? HR? Internet?
Type: Type of job I applied for?
Result: If I haven't heard anything, "Pending"?
Im not sure what to put for the address type, if they have an internet website, use their internet website. If the job submititon website has any physical address use that. Or just put monster.com etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 06:09 PM
 
229 posts, read 573,707 times
Reputation: 164
I made a table in wp to keep track
[CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=3]JOB SEARCH RECORD[/SIZE][/CENTER][/CENTER]
Date
Employer
Type of Contact
Response by email/letter
Results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 PM
 
229 posts, read 573,707 times
Reputation: 164
Hmmm - didn't show so well but you get the drift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
 
379 posts, read 1,401,157 times
Reputation: 407
This is a good thread to keep up with when asked about work search history.

I have a question about this... So are people only asked to provide a search history when you transition to Fed-Ed extension in CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top