Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,542 times

Advertisements

Hi all, first I would like to thank anyone in advance that offers help and advice on my current situation.. I will try my best to explain the situation thoroughly so that you guys can give the right input...

I worked for Company A from 2007 to 2009 as a part time employee. (The income was not that high).

I was then shipped to Army training for 6 months between July 2009 to December 2009.

When I got home from training in December 2009, I filed for unemployment. However the weekly benefit rate that I received from that claim only included my wages from Company A, and not my wages that I have earned during my military training.

When I realized this, the person told me that the Dec 09 claim only met the wages from the quarters that I worked for Company A, and that if I wanted to earn a higher weekly benefit rate from my military training, I would have to wait till December 2010 which covers the quarters that I worked during training.

I filed a new claim on December 2010, a year after my first claim but then my claim was determined invalid because I did not work at least 4 weeks or earned 6x my weekly benefit rate from my first claim.

I have not had any luck in finding part time employment because I am a full time college student and also in the NJ Guard.

Would my income that I earned during weekend drills and being put on orders for the Guard help me requalify for this new claim?

I am in the process of writing an appeal...

Thank you in advance to all replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 AM

330 posts, read 1,456,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelation View Post
Hi all, first I would like to thank anyone in advance that offers help and advice on my current situation.. I will try my best to explain the situation thoroughly so that you guys can give the right input...

I worked for Company A from 2007 to 2009 as a part time employee. (The income was not that high).

I was then shipped to Army training for 6 months between July 2009 to December 2009.

When I got home from training in December 2009, I filed for unemployment. However the weekly benefit rate that I received from that claim only included my wages from Company A, and not my wages that I have earned during my military training.

When I realized this, the person told me that the Dec 09 claim only met the wages from the quarters that I worked for Company A, and that if I wanted to earn a higher weekly benefit rate from my military training, I would have to wait till December 2010 which covers the quarters that I worked during training.

I filed a new claim on December 2010, a year after my first claim but then my claim was determined invalid because I did not work at least 4 weeks or earned 6x my weekly benefit rate from my first claim.

I have not had any luck in finding part time employment because I am a full time college student and also in the NJ Guard.

Would my income that I earned during weekend drills and being put on orders for the Guard help me requalify for this new claim?

I am in the process of writing an appeal...

Thank you in advance to all replies.
How can you qualify for benefits if you're a full time student? The issue seems moot because of that fact.

You might be out luck if you did not earn 6x your weekly benefit amount to qualify for a new or 2nd claim in NJ.

Why after completing your first claim you did not go on to tier benefits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment