Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 AM

9 posts, read 46,137 times

Advertisements

Hello again everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry to post about this again, but the stress level has begun to rise. I finished my regular 26 weeks of unemployment insurance on december 11. I called the very next day to request transition into EUC tier 1. After HOURS of trying to get through on the phone, I finally spoke to a representative who told me I would be all set to begin calling to request payment on the following week (first completing credits left over from a past claim). I called that following Sunday, answered the usual prompts and was told my request for payment had been accepted but my claim was in pending status. I then posted on this forum and was reassured that this was normal since they do evaluations in between tiers.

However, tomorrow I will be calling teleserve for the fourth time since transitioning into EUC and my claim is still in pending status. I have not worked at all and I have no income whatsoever. Close to a month has gone by. How much longer should I expect to wait? Teleserve even says “please do not call the unemployment line to verify payment.” I really don't want to waste a day or more just to be told by an actual person that my claim is still pending. I already know that. How long should I expect to wait before getting paid though?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 11:54 AM

43 posts, read 234,539 times
What state do you live in and are collecting unemployment from? Do you live in a low unemployment state like Nebraska, North Dakota, Wyoming, etc.? Reason I ask is that unemployment staffing can be sparse in these low unemployment states relative to the big boys like California, New York, etc. Transitioning from state to federal benefits usually is the longest time period for applicants to wait to start collecting again. California is usually about a week and a half to two weeks to get everything situated in regards to this transition. If you are in a smaller or low employment state it might very well take longer unfortunately. You also have to couple the holiday season as well in the argument as many government entities, with both body and mind, shut down for the holiday season.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
What state are you in?

Too much time has now gone by. Call again. Or, if you can, visit one of your state offices.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm in Rhode Island. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to call again. it took me practically a whole day to speak to someone for about 3 minutes last time. I guess I'll have to call again. I wasn't sure what to think about it since it does say my request for payment has been accepted. I figured if something was wrong it would say my request has been denied/can't be paid at this time. Ugh... as if job searching isn't stressful enough.

Thanks again for the responses.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 PM

43 posts, read 234,539 times
Rhode Island you say. Yeah call ASAP. It might be a holiday excuse but 4 weeks is still a long time for a state like Rhode Island. When did you last call? Usually unemployment offices recommend you call at the beginning of a week or at the end but no more than once in a week. I am presuming based on CA's EDD mind you that Mondays and Tuesdays suck to call but Fridays will be better. Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Thank you! Last time I called was a monday. I believe it was December 12th. It took about 6 hours to actually get through and then another hour on hold waiting for an available representative. It was a pretty brutal experience and all that waiting for a mere 3 minute conversation. I'll try again first thing monday morning. I'm not quite sure what they'd even be able to tell me.

I'll keep you posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment