Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:38 PM

79 posts, read 231,127 times

Advertisements

Thread to update how retro payments are going in your state.

Florida here, called this morning as soon as they opened. These guys were not prepared at all, and if their superiors knew anything they weren't letting the phone reps know about it.

Basically they didn't know when the computers would update to let people start certifying again or when letters would be mailed out but said they were hoping within 2 weeks. Basically the same thing that's been on their homepage since Friday.

OK, how is everyone else's state doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM

42 posts, read 58,956 times
So for Texas workforce unemployment site states as you logon your account to make a claim states .....

"Congress extended the deadlines to qualify for all extended benefit programs; however, it did not add additional weeks for applicants who have exhausted all entitlement to benefits. Texas Workforce Commission is working quickly to issue payments to customers who continued to submit payment requests. If you submitted your payment requests you should receive your payments by Wednesday, August 4. You do not need to contact TWC about the extension unless we send you a letter asking for information. When you exhaust your current benefits, TWC will send you a letter if you are eligible for additional benefits."

Old 07-26-2010, 07:58 PM

87 posts, read 282,672 times
I received my letter from the GA DOL today. It basically said to keep certifying as I have before and that any payments not made since my last payment received, would be processed. Didn't give a time line though, although on the GA DOL website, it says they will process payments by 7/30.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 PM

33 posts, read 244,829 times
Still waiting for a letter from EDD here in CA

Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 PM

11 posts, read 56,968 times
Massachusetts here...

I've been on my Tier #4 for the past two weeks and got this wierd recording that came on after I called telecert on Sunday "Please hold for one or more important messages. Your claim has been filed, we will contact you if any more information is needed, thank you, good bye".

I went to the unemployment office today and was told to keep calling, that funds should be on the way within the next two to three weeks because they are still entering data into the machines, but don't worry, the money is coming.

I also called because I forgot to ask something. On the recording, a man comes on and he says something like "President Obama has signed into law blah blah blah"

Hope this helps
From the sunny state of Massachusetts

Old 07-26-2010, 11:25 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
NC here...

Once our benefits expired, majority of us could no longer certify. It's believed that everyone who last certified within 28 days, should be allowed to certify and get paid by the end of this week, and some next week. Very good news for those people.

For the ones who last certified OVER 28 days ago (in essence, those who last certified in June, me included)...the process is still a bit up in the air and unknown. What is known is that those individuals will be called in and will be required to submit their job search worksheets and the reps will then be able to reopen those claims and key in the back weeks to get us current.

At least, that's where we stand at the moment...who knows what could change.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:01 AM

251 posts, read 417,256 times
NYC here. Got ALL retropayments yesterday (Extended Benefits not EUC, I finished all four tiers.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 AM

79 posts, read 231,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlowkey View Post
NYC here. Got ALL retropayments yesterday (Extended Benefits not EUC, I finished all four tiers.
Dang, your state is on the ball.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM

225 posts, read 546,658 times
Got up this morning to a big fat nothing. I didn't even get paid for THIS week and this is even after I certified as I always do after the bill passed. Georgia.. WHERE ARE MY BENEFITS?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 AM

87 posts, read 282,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lQQkin4fulltime View Post
Got up this morning to a big fat nothing. I didn't even get paid for THIS week and this is even after I certified as I always do after the bill passed. Georgia.. WHERE ARE MY BENEFITS?
Did you at least get your letter from them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment