Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 06:00 PM

241 posts, read 732,545 times

Advertisements

I received a letter today from NYSDOL office of special investigations saying that my benefits will be put on hold because it appears as if I have claimed UB from outside of the US. I am baffled because I have not left the state, let alone the country. I have been actively looking and ready, willing and able to work everyday since i filed. I have to call them tomorrow to talk. The letter said I must call within 10 calendar days. I feel like this has been out of left field. I have currently exhausted my regular UB and am on tier 1. Anyone get a letter like this or know why I could've gotten this? I am totally perplexed and have always claimed in NYS. Thank you for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 PM

398 posts, read 1,365,664 times
Does the telephone # on the letter match telephone #'s on NYSDOL website?

This might just be an error on their part which means you should call to get it corrected or maybe a scam to get your personal info.

Just make sure you are calling NYSDOL and speaking to a real NYSDOL agent before giving them your SS#, DOB, or any passwords.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:41 PM

Thanks for your response. The phone numbers do match. I seriously am beyond perplexed. My only rationalization is like you said, it was an error or they just want to check up on me.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Is it possible that someone outside the US is using your social security number to claim benfits elsewhere ?

Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 PM

spoke to the unemploment representative and all she tol me was that all matters have been resolved and that no further information is needed from me. I almost feel as if they were checking up on me. I don't know but I m glad that it is resolved

Old 04-20-2011, 06:52 PM

34 posts, read 62,013 times
checking up on you I doubt it! the folks working in those offices don't have a clue what they're doing. It was an error.. simple. they continue to make errors on a regular basis... they are overloaded.. trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment