Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:51 PM

7 posts, read 22,374 times

Advertisements

I just found out I qualify for SEB. I am just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get your weekly money after sending in the work search form? They said to send it every Monday....It also says they contact each employer you applied with (I doubt they even do that with the thousands of people applying every week). Also, do I still get FAC? I exhausted all my Tiers (obviously). THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,810 times
Hi, I'm also on SEB. Unfortunately, I don't have good news to report. Since the President signed the bill and NV received their money, I have received 2 checks (on my card). However, they owe me 7 weeks now retroactive pay. I have called and spoke to 3 people and I get a different story each time. First, I was told that I would receive my lump sum retroactive pay on my card (sent in the SEB paperwork in one bundle for those weeks), then I was told that it won't be in a lump sum. One week, I may get one check, the next two, and so on. This past week I didn't even get paid! How about that? It's ridiculous what's going on especially for SEB candidates. There's no reason why we can't also use the system to file each week. They should create a new page where we can answer questions regarding where we applied for work. The paperwork we're mailing in each week is probably getting lost or being placed in a pile amongst thousands. I don't know when I'm going to receive another check. It's funny to me how NY and PA have already paid their unemployment workers and got it right. My friend who was working in NY received her retroactive pay in a LUMP SUM...well, whaddya know?? Can NV do anything right? Let me take a quick stab...umm, no.

Last edited by TechRecruiter; 08-22-2010 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Needed to add something

Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Sorry you are having such problems. Here is a thread where people report their retro stories.

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...y-roll-25.html

One woman spent the entire day at NV unemployment last week in order to at least get the ball rolling again. Not sure if she's got her money, yet, or like you is waiting.

Nevada has been problematic - conjecturing possibly because it has not suffered serious unemployment problems in the past - unlike more heavily populated states like NJ which does very well for the most part. In Wisconsin, I believe everyone was paid in under two weeks.

You could try emailing your governor and other representatives. That seems to have rattled a few cages in other states. I've done it myself with good results. Good luck.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 8,561 times
Default SEB online or through mail?

I will be qualifying for SEB in Las Vegas. Is this something that is done online and you get your money deposited to the card or do they mail you the forms and you have to mail them back? I may be out of the state for about two weeks and need to know if I will be able to print the papers online and mail them, or if I need to actually be in the state to get the checks??? Help please!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 27,654 times
I have been on SEB for about 3 weeks now and have been faxing the weekly work search sheets in. I am now most likely moving out of the state in the next week to search where I am from and where I have family to stay with in Florida. However, I was receiving my weekly amount on time as scheduled for the first 3 weeks. Now, I have not had a deposit in nearly 3 weeks and have called and called and they say they do not know what is going on and that they do not have info. on the SEB sheets. I have also mailed them in. Is anyone else having this problem. I do not know whether to keep sending in the sheets or not. The only thing I can think of is they checked work search and found a problem but I have applied for every single job I put on the sheets. Also there is no updated staus on the DETR website where it would show if there was an investigation on my account.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM

6 posts, read 27,654 times
I have the same issue they told me it does not matter where I live as long as I am actively seeking employment. However, I feel as though it has become a problem on my account because I have been traveling for interviews and faxing my weekly sheets in from wherever I am. Since I have been doing that I have received no money and they cannot tell me why. I would be careful just do your sheets and have someone in Nevada mail them for you..

Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 PM

230 posts, read 676,226 times
Unhappy A real crap shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieab View Post
I just found out I qualify for SEB. I am just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get your weekly money after sending in the work search form? They said to send it every Monday....It also says they contact each employer you applied with (I doubt they even do that with the thousands of people applying every week). Also, do I still get FAC? I exhausted all my Tiers (obviously). THANKS!!!!
I have been on extended benefits 5 weeks, and still get FAC. When the benefits are paid is up to the whim of the employment workers.

I walk my papers in every Monday morning. The first two payments I got the following Friday, the third Saturday (still ok). Last week I had Nevada Day thrown into the mix and got paid yesterday, AFTER turning in this weeks form. It's now Thursday and my latest claim has not even been processed. (If you go online and look at claim information it says when you're processed, and payment is ALWAYS two days later). So, this means even if they do it tomorrow, I won't get it until NEXT Monday.

The girl at the desk said I should give them TWO WEEKS for payment. Uh, since when? I have personally talked to some of the people I put on my job search and NO ONE has called them to verify my search, so why the delays??? My rent is late tomorrow so I will have to pay a late fee on top of not having money for my bills to begin with. I know the workers don't care about all of us, they have steady jobs. But we are unemployed, WANT TO WORK, and don't need our state to treat us like bums!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:01 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,977,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoberPup View Post
I have been on extended benefits 5 weeks, and still get FAC. When the benefits are paid is up to the whim of the employment workers.
Just FYI, the FAC program was not extended by the recent federal legislation, so you must have filed your claim for regular unemployment benefits before the end of May 2010 to qualify for the $25 weekly FAC payment. If you filed your original claim for unemployment after May 2010, you do not qualify for the FAC.

If you are already collecting the FAC, that program will expire on December 11, 2010 -- no further FAC payments will be made after that date.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 7,698 times
Default Here are some tips!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieab View Post

You can fax as early as Sunday a day after the week ends there is a fax # on the sheet if that does not work you can fax to 775-684-7221. also it can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to get your money credited. If you do you receive your money by the next Sunday then fax the new form with the prior unpaid from with the word DUPLICATE at the top of the page that way you should get it paid immediately that week. Actually they do check your applications so make sure they are valid or it will slow your money...it says that you get 20 weeks.....I have exhausted my 20 weeks but I am now told that they may add 52 more weeks for all on unemployment to better the economy and help those still in need of a job......this will include December 2010.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:56 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdanzer View Post
You can fax as early as Sunday a day after the week ends there is a fax # on the sheet if that does not work you can fax to 775-684-7221. also it can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to get your money credited. If you do you receive your money by the next Sunday then fax the new form with the prior unpaid from with the word DUPLICATE at the top of the page that way you should get it paid immediately that week. Actually they do check your applications so make sure they are valid or it will slow your money...it says that you get 20 weeks.....I have exhausted my 20 weeks but I am now told that they may add 52 more weeks for all on unemployment to better the economy and help those still in need of a job......this will include December 2010.
If you have exhausted 20 weeks of State Extended Benefits, there are NO additional weeks available. I wish I had better news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment