U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 PM

24,760 posts, read 53,564,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyls14 View Post
Hello,
I wish you the best of luck, I spoke to a rep today and was told that I was on my last payment for EUC Tier 4 which was a claim from 2008 and that I would not be able to collect extentions under the new claim, which I still don't know how I am not able to. So confused and frustrated. I would try and contact a rep as soon as possible to make sure you still have extentions left so you won't be in the same boat as I am.
Unemployment reps give wrong answers as often as they give right answers. NJ computers will do the right thing even though the reps don't know what they are talking about. The only reason you would not be eligible for EUC benefits on your 2010 claim is if there were insufficient earnings.

KEEP CLAIMING. It is important to have claims in the system so they can be processed properly.

Call again, and keep calling until you get a rep that knows something. It has happened in every state that when earlier claim EUC is exhausted, the last claim EUC is paid, assuming that claim is eligible on the basis of earnings. Inasmuch as your last claim was established on 8 months' earnings, it is possible it didn't qualify for EUC. Were you paid the full 26 weeks' state benefits on that claim?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 12:25 PM

17 posts, read 53,319 times
Hello,
I would like to say that you are more informative than reps that work in the re-employment center (NJ). I had added a reply about how I was not entitled to EUC under the new claim (2010) however after cooling off for a few days, I decided to call the re-employment call center again and spoke to another rep who after putting me on hold for awhile, was able to answer some of my questions. She stated that am still under the old claim of 2008 however it should revert back to the new claim 2010 since I am entitled to the EUC. She also stated that my weeks are off so therefore I should call this upcoming Monday June 13 to claim a week to then be back on the two week claim. It made me feel a little bit better but am still hesitate to believe anything they have to say since everytime I call, its a different reason as to why or why not.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:19 PM

24,760 posts, read 53,564,584 times
Yes, it is very discouraging to receive wrong or incomplete answers. The rep you talked with recently is making sense. Hopefully, you'll transition to your 2010 tiers without a problem.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:16 AM

Hello,
I wanted to answer the following question you had about whether or not I was paid my full 26 weeks on the new claim 2010: The answer is yes, I was paid the full 26 weeks on the new claim. I worked for 8 months from March 2010 through Nov 2010 and earned about 15,385. I should be able to qualify for EUC under the new claim. I need to call today therefore I will keep you posted.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 AM

Here's the latest on the re-employment centers (NJ). I finally got through a live person and she stated that in order for me to revert back to my 2010 claim, it needed to be approved and sign by the supervisor. She also stated this would take a few days to be completed since she has to send an e-mail to her supervisor for approval. Once that is complete, I should be receiving earnings for the week ending June 11, 2011. She then stated that I should be clear to claim benefits on a bi-weekly basis starting June 27, 2011. I wanted to share this, in case anyone else goes through the same thing. The process from one claim to another is very stressful but as you stated on your earlier post keep claiming and that is exactly what I've done and will continue to do. Thanks! and if there is any new development, I will keep everyone posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment