U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 PM

54 posts, read 126,883 times

Advertisements

I am on NJUI and have to recertify since it wil be a year that I have been collecting. Since I don't have the option of going to the re-employment offices does anyone know the best way to get through by phone. I tried to call a month ago and called 20+ times and never got through. I ended up calling the 609 # in Trenton which is on the NJUI Website. I know I can't call that number to recertify so I have to get through to one of the re-employment phone numbers.

Please help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 05:49 AM

100 posts, read 312,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonita23 View Post
I am on NJUI and have to recertify since it wil be a year that I have been collecting. Since I don't have the option of going to the re-employment offices does anyone know the best way to get through by phone. I tried to call a month ago and called 20+ times and never got through. I ended up calling the 609 # in Trenton which is on the NJUI Website. I know I can't call that number to recertify so I have to get through to one of the re-employment phone numbers.

Please help.
(888) 795-6672 (toll-free)

Old 09-16-2011, 11:00 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,212,802 times
A MONTH ago? It's done by phone even if you live in NJ. They don't want you coming in for a re-certification anyway and will point you to the phone bank there. Aside from that, you should be claiming benefits every two weeks and receiving credit on your account until you re-certify.

Waiting on hold can take 45 minutes if you're lucky enough not to hear the "please call back later" recording. A trick I use and recommend is "press two for Spanish". I had my neighbor do it just last June. We used two phones, and the English line it was a 45 minute wait, while on the Spanish line it was a fifteen minute wait. Yes, the agent appeared a little confused at first because the speaker didn't know Spanish but they DID re-certify the claim in a few short minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or