U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM

4 posts, read 4,004 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just exhausted my 6 months regular NJ unemp benefits and got the letter saying I am eligible for EUC tiers. I used to claim benefits on Tuesdays, but the letter said to start on the EUC tier claim on 9/15, which was a Thursday. I did that and it got processed, even though I did have to talk to a live person who asked a few typical questions (did you return to work, etc).

However, the letter said nothing about what day of the week to claim after that first claim on EUC got processed? It it suppose to be on Thursdays from now on or do I go back to Tuesdays?

Any help appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 07:48 PM

100 posts, read 315,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar91 View Post
Hi, I just exhausted my 6 months regular NJ unemp benefits and got the letter saying I am eligible for EUC tiers. I used to claim benefits on Tuesdays, but the letter said to start on the EUC tier claim on 9/15, which was a Thursday. I did that and it got processed, even though I did have to talk to a live person who asked a few typical questions (did you return to work, etc).

However, the letter said nothing about what day of the week to claim after that first claim on EUC got processed? It it suppose to be on Thursdays from now on or do I go back to Tuesdays?

Any help appreciated.
You must claim benefits according to the last digit of your Social Security number.

Individuals with Social Security numbers that end in an ODD number (1,3,5,7 and 9) will claim benefits on MONDAY.
Individuals with Social Security numbers that end in an EVEN number (0,2,4,6 and 8) will claim benefits on TUESDAY.

IF YOU CLAIM ONLINE:
The Internet application is the preferred method for claiming unemployment benefits. You can find the Internet application at www.njuifile.net. The Internet application is available for claiming benefits Sunday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM,Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

By certifying for benefits on Sunday, you will receive your benefits deposited into your checking/savings account or posted to your prepaid debit card a day earlier.

You will need to enter the four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you selected if you filed your claim by telephone or be prepared to choose a four-digit PIN if you filed by Internet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment