Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,603 times

Advertisements

I have some questions about how to handle a CA unemployment situation, and I can't get through to their office on the phone, so I'm hoping some people here might know the answers. Here's my situation: I was unemployed for a few months in late 2010, and received unemployment benefits during those months. Then I got a job beginning in December 2011 which lasted until July 2011. After losing that job I filed for unemployment again. Two issues came up:

A) The old claim from late 2010 was still active, but set to expire September 10, 2011.
B) The claim was initially denied on grounds of "misconduct" at work. I appealed, and won the appeal, so I'm now eligible for benefits.

I had been filing continued claim forms while waiting for the appeal hearing for the claim which was expiring September 10, 2011, and presumably now that I won my appeal I'll be receiving checks for the weeks between the date that I was fired and September 10.

However, that old claim has now expired, and in order to keep getting benefits I'm going to need to file again. My questions are: if I re-file, is the decision in my successful appeal going to apply to that re-filing, or am I going to have to go through the whole process again? And do I simply use the normal unemployment claim form as if I were filing for the first time, or is this an "extension?"

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment