U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 11:02 AM

59 posts, read 94,286 times

Advertisements

if you've reached your benefit year end and still have money left to receive, or claim, if they automatically file a new claim for you or not? -or what a person needs to do and/or if they are suppose to receive a letter in the mail about all of that? Thank-you so much. I really appreciate everything.

Notes(if needed), I'm on tier 2.

Oh, also: if I do, or when? I do, get a letter, will it be before my bye? Thanks again, as always:/.

Last edited by Sandysspunk; 12-08-2011 at 11:24 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 08:21 PM

My bye is today(12/11/2011, Sunday). I haven't received a letter or anything about anything of this. Does anyone think I'll get a letter either this coming up Monday or Tuesday? Wednesday, as of right now, I'll be going to the workforce place here and ask about all of this. It's just nice to know some of this stuff is all. Thanks as always. I really appreciate everything.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 AM

6,369 posts, read 19,984,974 times
SC didn't send a letter prior to BYE expiring. I'd say if you haven't gotten one by today that you won't. Call or visit your local office tomorrow as they can't do anything until the date has passed.

We missed 5 weekly checks before payments were reinstated. Try to prepare for that if at all possible.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:55 AM

Alright, to what you said. Thank-you so much. Our mail won't get here until this afternoon but yeah, I'm going there on Wednesday. I think I heard about that, "missed 5 weekly checks..". Was it your whole state, or town, or just you(and/or your family)? Yeah, with having to wait on money, I've been prepared:/. I've had to wait about a month? with a work issue on my claim before. I'm just anxious or such with all of this I suppose. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been unemployed? One more, have you gotten any interviews or anything(you don't have to answer anything if you don't want to: ). I've been unemployed for a little over a year now and have had one interview that didn't work out with getting the job and two applications(for two different jobs) that I thought could turn out good(with a good time span in-between each one) but no reply or answer or anything to those(two). *still having hope, at least some* lol.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 AM

6,369 posts, read 19,984,974 times
I would guess that the whole state is handled the same. There are not a lot of folks posting in this thread from my state so no suggestions were forthcoming when I was looking for information here. This is actually my 2nd layoff since the recession began. This time around I'm 3 months in but since I'm an independent contractor I'm not eligible for UEB. Hubby's been unemployed for over a year and every single lead he's had turned into nothing. Most of the jobs posted in our area are with unscrupulous companies (title loan, etc.) that you wouldn't want to work at anyway and he doesn't have any computer skills so he is really seriously limited in what he can apply for. We live in a rural area and that limits possibilities too.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Oh wow, yeah. -to the possibilities:/. There's not too much directly on or towards Oklahoma either. I've found some useful information on here still the same. I've really been looking on around the internet and have found a lot of stuff. There's not any info - info on the Oklahoma main website for all of this. I keep reading how there's certain info on each state's main website keeping each state's people up-to-date but I just can't seem to find it on OK's lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment