Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 06:11 PM

59 posts, read 104,682 times

Advertisements

If a person has a claim that ended and they try for a new one that gets disapproved, so they go back to the first one and finish their last tier with the remaining money on it, then what could happen? Can they try for another new claim? -if so and what I'm wondering is; if they try for a new claim, after they get their remaining money from their last tier and claim, and get disapproved, is that that and nothing else can be done with unemployment or unemployment money for them? Thank-you.

Also, one more. How can you tell if you are on unemployment or partial unemployment? When I first got on all of this I mentioned to the person on the phone, helping get my claim going, about partial unemployment. I don't know if I'm on that exactly or not. I don't think I am because I don't have a job and I'm getting what I was making at the one that I use to have. What I'm really wanting to know is if the person on the phone knew to not do the partial one with me or not. I don't know why I even want to know:/ yikes, I just want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 08:27 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
My comments in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysspunk View Post
If a person has a claim that ended and they try for a new one that gets disapproved, so they go back to the first one and finish their last tier with the remaining money on it, then what could happen? Can they try for another new claim? -if so and what I'm wondering is; if they try for a new claim, after they get their remaining money from their last tier and claim, and get disapproved, is that that and nothing else can be done with unemployment or unemployment money for them? Thank-you.

If you are disapproved, it is because there are not enough wages in the base period to qualify for a claim.

If you have exhausted state and tier benefits from all existing claims, you must work again and earn eligible wages.

Of course, you can reapply for benefits, but if there are no wages on which to base a claim, the claim cannot be approved.

How can you tell if you are on unemployment or partial unemployment? When I first got on all of this I mentioned to the person on the phone, helping get my claim going, about partial unemployment. I don't know if I'm on that exactly or not. I don't think I am because I don't have a job and I'm getting what I was making at the one that I use to have. What I'm really wanting to know is if the person on the phone knew to not do the partial one with me or not.

In Oklahoma, partial benefit claims are available to people working reduced hours and/or part-time. The rep you spoke with would not have established a partial claim without further documentation.
Quote:
When can a Partial claim be filed?
An Initial Partial Claim (new claim) or an Additional
Partial Claim (reopening after a break in the claim series) can be filed when the employee has earnings equal to his/her hourly wage and these wages are less than the weekly benefit amount (WBA) plus $100.00 and the claimant has worked less than full time for the partial employer.

Example: Employee’s hourly wage is $6.50 per hour.

The employee worked ten hours earnings $65.00.

The employee earned in excess of one hours hourly wage ($6.50) as this amount is less than the $100.00 allowance no deductions will be made.

You will need to download this pdf file here:
oklahoma partial benefit rate - Google Search
If you have not been working and filing a partial claim, your benefit is being paid at the normal weekly benefit rate for your claim.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-15-2011 at 08:36 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 09:08 PM

59 posts, read 104,682 times
I get it now. Thanks, as always. It didn't dawn on me that if you haven't made money before a new claim then one can't really be opened or made. -how funny(that it didn't dawn on me sooner: ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment