Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 11:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,716,990 times

Advertisements

I made a mistake and marked a wrong circle on one of my forms.

Do you think the scanner will detect white out?

I called and was told to initial errors. Initialing will certainly kick it out of the scanner. She didn't know if white out would be kicked out or not.

I'm hoping I can use white out and it won't even be noticed by the scanner.

Has anyone used white out without it causing delays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 01:19 PM

31 posts, read 63,213 times
I once used a typewriter eraser (remember those?) that I had sitting around the house. I very carefully erased the "X" I had marked in the wrong block. They accepted the form with no problems.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:26 PM

22 posts, read 134,189 times
Maybe use the tape-style white out? It's smoother and less prone to caking and falling off. the scanner generally won't detect it, we used to do corrections on scanned documents that used fill in the bubbles all the time and they went through okay.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvzKoalas View Post
I once used a typewriter eraser (remember those?) that I had sitting around the house. I very carefully erased the "X" I had marked in the wrong block. They accepted the form with no problems.
Wonder where I could buy one of those! I'll stop at the office supply store and see if it has some type of ink eraser. Removing the ink would be better than covering it. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol213 View Post
Maybe use the tape-style white out? It's smoother and less prone to caking and falling off. the scanner generally won't detect it, we used to do corrections on scanned documents that used fill in the bubbles all the time and they went through okay.
That's a possibility too. If I can't remove the ink, I may try the tape instead of white out.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvzKoalas View Post
It worked! I couldn't find a double sided one with an abrasive side and a chemical side. So I used a Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser because it supposedly does ink. Since it was taking forever and merely lightening it, I used a pumice stone for pedicures to scatch it up a bit, then I used the eraser and it all came off. The only problem is the eraser took off the pink circle. The pumice stone didn't, I was careful. If they don't look closely when they open it, I'm certain it will go through the scanner undetected. It's not that there is anything wrong with it, I just didn't want my payment to be slowed down due to needing to be done manually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment