Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,373 times

Advertisements

Happy new year everyone,

I was approved for Extended Benefits last week and today was my first day to go online and file as a recipient. I did so and the message I received afterward was:

Our records indicate that you have no benefits remaining on this claim. If you are still unemployed after June 2, 2012 and you worked in the past 15 months, you may file a new claim.

Yet there is a large remaining balance showing (indicating 20 weeks of benefits).

Before I go into a full-fledged panic, is this due to the switch from state to federal benefits? Can I expect a direct deposit tomorrow or do I need to once again do the DUA dance? The DUA rep I spoke with did not mention anything about needing to do anything differently when I filed online each week, so I didn't expect to this to happen. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Randi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 04:52 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Are you sure you are talking about EB? That one normally you have to do paperwork each week and mail/fax it in...?

Are you positive you are supposed to file on line?

Of the people I know, they can not file EB on line.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:05 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Are you sure you are talking about EB? That one normally you have to do paperwork each week and mail/fax it in...?

Are you positive you are supposed to file on line?

Of the people I know, they can not file EB on line.
She means EUC extensions, not EB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randiseg View Post
Yet there is a large remaining balance showing (indicating 20 weeks of benefits).

Before I go into a full-fledged panic, is this due to the switch from state to federal benefits? Can I expect a direct deposit tomorrow or do I need to once again do the DUA dance?
MA needs to do a monetary reevaluation before doing the transition. Wait a few days for the system to catch up. Today is way too early to claim, if you only last week were approved. Approved means you are eligible PROVIDED the monetary reevaluation supports the transition. In many states, the transition is not immediate.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
She means EUC extensions, not EB.

MA needs to do a monetary reevaluation before doing the transition. Wait a few days for the system to catch up. Today is way too early to claim, if you only last week were approved. Approved means you are eligible PROVIDED the monetary reevaluation supports the transition. In many states, the transition is not immediate.
I'm wicked confused. The DUA rep I spoke with told me to go ahead and file on Sunday as usual and I'd see the next payment of $X go through. Ugh. I need a large cement block to bang my head against!

(Ariadne22, thank you so much for replying, I've read so many of your posts and was hoping you would read my post and respond.)

Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,764 times
as far as i know from doing alot of research if you were on 26 weeks unemployment and then boom they shut you off without moving to the next tier you will now get the next tier 1, then move on to tier 2 and even 3 because they extended the benefits today is january 1 2013. but, massachusetts has triggered off from being eligible for tier 4 (eb) extended benefits and alot of other states becuz the rules are that the state has to maintain 8 percent or something like that for some time, its a lil complex to explain so even tho they have extended the unemployment it is only for the 3 tiers aftar ur 26 weeks. anyone who was supposed to get tier 1 will now receive retroactive from wen you were shut off so if i were you go down to unemployment to arrange the adjustment and in a day or 2 you will notice a large chunk in ur account if you so chose the direct deposit method or will get a check in the mail if you chose that method. contie to go to the unemployment website every sunday to file ur weekly cert as well. if you have anymore questions you can reach me at facebook find me with the name phil superdog gregorio...or email me at [email]gregoriophillip@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM
emv

2 posts, read 3,921 times
After I checked this AM and saw I DIDINT get a check from the DUA for my EXT..I freaked...I recd this email from a contact at the DUA:
You will be receiving calls today from claimants who are questioning a message they heard when they tried to claim weekly benefits. The message indicates the extensions have stopped in Massachusetts. This is a computer generated message that is heard because the computer programming has not been updated yet. Please explain that the extensions have not stopped. The programming for the extension should be finished by Wednesday and extension benefits will go out later this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment