Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:56 AM

4 posts, read 97,756 times

Advertisements

Hello all... First id like to say that the people on this forum are incredibly helpful and awesome ... I had first been declined Unemployment Benefits but won my appeal all thanks to the tips from this community... so to all of you who are feeling down after getting denied initially and thinking that the situation is hopeless.. its not.. Fight on and keep the faith...

Now onto my question.. So I have been sending in my continued claim forms by mail and have never had a problem but since its faster with Web-Cert I wanted to give it a try..

After my bi-weekly form was ready I was presented with these 10 questions which I have never seen on the paper continued claim forms..

1. Did you receive any money other than wages (such as vacation, holiday, pension, etc) from any employer during the dates listed above?
2. Did you serve on Jury Duty during the dates listed above?
3. Did your employer give you a claim form for the Work Sharing program?
4. Did your employer or union give you a claim form?
5. Do you have a training form from an Apprentice Training Provider to submit to EDD?
6. Do you have a change of address or phone number?
7. Did you work or earn any money, whether you were paid or not during the dates listed above?

Please excuse me if this seems like a stupid question but I just don't want to make a mistake and then have the wonderful world of EDD delay my benefits for the smallest thing as their notorious for doing ..

Im wondering more specifically about questions 3,4, and 5... It asks me if my employer gave me a form about a work sharing program.. and a claim form.. and an apprentice training provider..

This is why I am confused.... I have no employer.. I haven't worked at all since my UI started..

Do i just leave it blank?

Do I answer no?

Wouldn't answering no to the questions technically mean that I would have an employer and they just didn't provide me with the aforementioned form(s)?

Again.. Sorry if this is a dumb question and I'm just supposed to answer no... I just didn't want to mess anything up..

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 12:08 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
You never leave a question unanswered. You always answer yes to (1) have you searched for work, (2) are able-bodied and capable of working.

Answer the other questions with a "no." There is no inference that by doing so you are implying you are employed or in a training program, etc.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:43 PM

thank you!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 24,435 times
start started FED-ED in california, where I have no document work search, there are ten lines, do I fill out out ten or just 6 (3 for each week) tks

Old 03-12-2012, 03:26 PM

I thought that you couldn't do FED-ED continued claims over the web...?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 PM

Just wanted to give a quick update..

I answered 'no' to the 10 initial questions and then proceeded to fill out the continued claim form the I always have on paper.. Everything went through without a hiccup and boy was it quick... I filed the claim on Sunday morning through Web-Cert and I received the money on my EDD Debit Card today..

That is a 48 hour turnaround from the moment of filing to the actual money being on my card.. Amazing! Hooray for Web-Cert.

Thanks again Ariadne... really appreciate the help.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 24,113 times
I too processed my continued claim form through web-cert for the first time (was mailing them before) but i have a question. On line 3 of the claim form it asks, "did you look for work" i selected "yes" but it never prompted me to fill out places i looked for work!? is it not required anymore? i am worried because i submitted the form.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonge10 View Post
I too processed my continued claim form through web-cert for the first time (was mailing them before) but i have a question. On line 3 of the claim form it asks, "did you look for work" i selected "yes" but it never prompted me to fill out places i looked for work!? is it not required anymore? i am worried because i submitted the form.
Normal state or federal EUC tier benefit claims do not require submission of work search information, but you are required to certify when you claim that you looked for work, and keep a detailed log of all work searches in the event of an audit. The states will be doing more audits going forward, so the log is important.

Submission of work search information is only required when claiming Fed-Ed (aka EB everywhere else). If you are claiming Fed-Ed via Web-Cert, you will need to mail in your work search information, but you should have been told about this when you were first put on the program.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I process mine on the paper claim form because I work part-time. I mail it on Saturday, BofA notifies me on Tuesday that I have a direct deposit of $$$ being deposited, and it's in the bank Wednesday. I have a neighbor that processes his via Web-Cert, and it takes the same amount of time.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 AM

330 posts, read 1,456,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonge10 View Post
You only document work searches when the box is marked X. If not, no need to document. However you should keep a log just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment