U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:35 PM

14,508 posts, read 27,791,028 times

Advertisements

Self employed are NOT eligible for UI.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 9,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgauder01 View Post
I just checked my claim inquiry. It says, "Your claim has been pended. Please call a Claims Agent"

Anyone know what this means? There's currently a 3 hour hold time for NJ Unemployment
Pended is New Jerseys illiterate way of saying "Pending". Your claim "has been pended" should be written "Your claim is pending," meaning that it has not yet been finalized. There could be a problem with it or they just may not have processed it yet.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:24 PM

5 posts, read 11,259 times
I have been “pended” for 23 business days after my interview email (apparently they are only using email now for interviews) their was some question with the lyft driving I was doing temporarily. Is this unusually long to wait? I am in NJ Thanks!

Old 10-12-2017, 04:44 PM

Lyft is a HUGE problem. It's self employment which is disqualifying, and you can fire yourself by just not making yourself available which is quit and a big problem.

You'll need your employment history from the time you started doing Lyft until when ever you got let go from your LAST job to determine just what you can expect.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 8,968 times
Hi all. I was let go at my sales job for not meeting quota at a small pharmaceutical company based in new jersey. I am an out of state NY resident.I was let go 10/27 and had my claims examiner interview on 11/22. Herd back from claims examiner to clarify to claims information and dates of employment. It sounded like my old employer did not contest the claims she said they would have until Monday 11/27 at 2PM to contest . the examiner told me to keep claiming and would not share her determination with me but did say to claim next week as well. I was transparent with her and said I was let go due to not hitting numbers. If determined I am eligible how long does it take for claims payments both current and past to be processed? also says claim pended online still this evening after a phone follow up with her. Any updates or expectations would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-27-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenefitSeekerNY View Post
I was transparent with her
People need to cut this out, and you need to spread the word. When you get fired from your job, "fired" is all you say.

"not meeting quota" can be misconduct. By saying that, the UI worker can now press your employer to provide answers that will make what you said get you a disqualification.

I hope you applied in NJ since that's where it looks like you worked. Expect an 8-week disqualification for "simple" misconduct.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 8,802 times
Just a question. I was fired on 2-2-18 had a phone interview on 2-26-18 was told by the interviewer that if the person she tried to contact about my firing didn't get back to her by 2pm on 2-28-18 that she would make a determination. I got an email on the 28th that explained that everything was done by email and that I should add three addresses into my address book. I checked today 3-2-18 and my status is pended. What does this mean(pending)? Also how long do I have to wait for my first payment.

Also when reading some of these posts I see some people were disqualified, how many weeks is a disqualification? and do you have to reapply? and are you paid from fired date or from the disqualified reinstatement?

Old 03-02-2018, 09:43 AM

It would have helped if you'd said WHY you were fired. NJ doles out 8-week disqualifications at the drop of a hat from the date of termination. In all probability the reason you're still "pended" is because of "simple" misconduct. You don't reapply, you REopen your claim March 30. That will pretty much cover the 8 weeks.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 8,626 times
My claim status is saying flied it not saying anything else what do that mean

Old 02-15-2019, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 8,742 times
This will be my 3rd week in a row claiming for NJ UI and I know it's gonna say no payable at this time cause I still didn't get a phone call like the claim examiner said if he don't call means my company didn't dipute it and I still never received a letter so when I go online this Sunday to claim it's going to say not payable at this time !! What is going on with my claim can anybody tell me something!! I was let go for company policy UI payed me for 2 weeks after monetary call now the last two weeks nothing cause of the claim examiner interview appointment like I said had that claim examiners interview and he seemed like everything was good! I can't get through to Unemplyment at all so please anybody tell me something???

Last edited by Bucky Bucky; 02-15-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment