U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 07:58 AM

114 posts, read 170,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggecik View Post
Does anyone know how to actually speak to someone. Too busy to take calls, all day!!!
I know a secret, but I really dont want to say it publicly. where in NJ are you? northern? central? or southern?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 07:14 AM

2 posts, read 3,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid500 View Post
I know a secret, but I really dont want to say it publicly. where in NJ are you? northern? central? or southern?
I keep calling and calling and it always says it's busy! I'm in central NJ...

Old 04-14-2016, 08:19 PM

3 posts, read 6,060 times
Good day, I check my mail today and it said my claim has pended? I just got the interview regarding my claim.
I resigned from my job and moved to another state but can't work because of licensing issue. I can start working as soon as I complete the course/subjects that needs to be taken in order for my license to be apporved. meaning i have to go back to school.
Any idea if i will be denied by my claim since I was not fired at all?

Old 04-14-2016, 08:42 PM

14,508 posts, read 28,044,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyboi2 View Post
Any idea if i will be denied by my claim since I was not fired at all?
Of course, you're most likely going to get denied. UI isn't just about solely if you're fired. You QUIT by your own admission, and that's worse. Then you mention "licensing issues," that's even worse.

You can't be the cause of your own unemployment. You were supposed to make your licensing arrangements before you even left town. Also, quitting to relocate is not good cause, but there can be some reasons to move that might be good cause, but you didn't exactly raise any that makes me think you stand a chance.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:55 AM

3 posts, read 6,060 times
i see. Thank you for the response. I was just taking this option since I didn't realize that board will give me a difficult time to practice my profession in this state. I was just hoping since i payed Unemployment insurance.
Thank you very much!

Old 05-03-2016, 03:36 PM

13 posts, read 25,058 times
I had an interview with an examiner, and I called two days later because I saw my claim said pended. When I called I was told a decision was made, however it still says pended. I resigned and relocated because my daughter (12yrs old) is a victim of a violent crime, and based on the fact that it involved grown men that's gang members we moved. I had all my paperwork to confirm. It's been 7 weeks. I understand protocol but this waiting time is ridiculous. My question is, I should be eligible because I was told that this should be treated like a domestic violence case. Why is my case still at pended status?

Old 05-03-2016, 06:44 PM

24,109 posts, read 52,127,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedidwork4this View Post
I had an interview with an examiner, and I called two days later because I saw my claim said pended. When I called I was told a decision was made, however it still says pended. I resigned and relocated because my daughter (12yrs old) is a victim of a violent crime, and based on the fact that it involved grown men that's gang members we moved. I had all my paperwork to confirm. It's been 7 weeks.
Generally a decision is not posted until about ten days after the interview. In NJ, interviews often do not take place until five weeks after application. That said, you are on the far end of the NJ time limit which often is not a positive.

Quote:
My question is, I should be eligible because I was told that this should be treated like a domestic violence case.
Who told you this? Was it someone at NJDOL???

Quote:
Why is my case still at pended status?
The holdup may be because it was your daughter who was the victim of gang violence - not you - which doesn't strictly fit the definition of "domestic" violence. Easier decisions for NJ would be if someone was stalking you, a spouse/relative was battering you in your home, etc. - not that you lived in a dangerous neighborhood. Lots of people live in dangerous neighborhoods. It also may be that NJ needs a supervisor to evaluate the grounds on which the decision was made since your particular situation may not fit NJ's parameter of "domestic" violence.

Let us know the final outcome - and the wording of the decision when you get it. Good luck.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:15 PM

14,508 posts, read 28,044,531 times
We've never had a thread where someone got UI in a domestic violence situation. Could also be that there is more to that type of an adjudication than meets the words in the statute. It may be that if you worked at McDonalds, you're required to ask for a transfer to another location rather than just outright quitting, and if you can't prove that you did, you can still be denied because "you didn't take all reasonable steps before you quit."

Old 05-03-2016, 08:27 PM

My daughter is 12 a minor of course and this is a first degree sexually assault case with 2 grown gang members. Of course I'm not the victimost but the incident took place in our home. Victims of a violent crime definitely approved our case for relocation, and being that one of the guys made bail we was definitely moving. She ended up pregnant and all.....long story short special victims unit and detectives made us feel like we was in the witness protection. She was even removed from the home for safety reasons until we relocated......so with that being said I didn't up and move for fun, and unemployment had my job right on the line with me and HR confirmed the story because the documentation was submitted. I just want to know when I called Monday she told me a decision was made but it still says pended and I haven't received and letter.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:36 PM

Are you familiar with VCCO, victims crime compensation organization. This is a state program, and they paid for us to relocate, that's how severe the case is. I claimed 3/20 and 4/29 made my 6 weeks. I just feel like safety reasons should be looked at differently. My job is not a chain so it's only in Jersey or else they would have transferred me. HR was asked do they believe that was only reason for resigning and she said absolutely, because I LOVE my job! This has just been a stressful process......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment