U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 08:44 PM

13 posts, read 25,058 times

Advertisements

Yes you're absolutely correct! I spoke with Commissioner Wirth and he stated that my denial process would be expedited. He said the only problem is "my appeal" hasn't been entered in the system yet. Heven told me to call back Monday and he would give me a date within two weeks. I'm hoping this ain't just bull but he too was impressed that the governors office contacted him regarding my case! I'm hoping this helps the process. Thank you so much.....each one teach one!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,238 times
Some one please explain pend filed on the the 24th of last month its now the 18th of may also months of back pay will i get those months and and whats every one get this pended bull, and i live miles away from the closest office and ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO CALL ANY of the BOGUS Numbers they give you 9am they say they to busy try again the next day, mean while Im starving, cant pay for my docs, food, rent ect... what is this mickey mouse institution. HELP

Old 05-17-2016, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,238 times
any and all help will be much apprectiated cause im lost,,,,,,, thanks

Old 05-17-2016, 05:31 PM

14,508 posts, read 28,044,531 times
"Pended" means that the UI people have not yet made a decision on whether you get UI or not. A lot depends on WHY you lost your job. If you quit, chances are the "pended" will just become a disqualification. If you were fired, maybe 50/50, but if you discuss why you were fired, we can give a better answer.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:49 PM

24,105 posts, read 52,127,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fturbeville16 View Post
Some one please explain pend filed on the the 24th of last month its now the 18th of may also months of back pay will i get those months and and whats every one get this pended bull, and i live miles away from the closest office and ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO CALL ANY of the BOGUS Numbers they give you 9am they say they to busy try again the next day, mean while Im starving, cant pay for my docs, food, rent ect... what is this mickey mouse institution. HELP
Yes, if NJ doesn't dq you for 8 weeks for simple misconduct (see below), you get those back weeks. Unless you have a clear layoff, NJ generally doesn't pay until six weeks after you apply, earliest.

Were you interviewed? Why did you lose the job?

Otherwise, this posted on another thread today, applies to you, as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
NJ also drags its heels on decisions when there are questions because NJ often issues 8-wk dqs from benefits when there is any question - so it delays until that time is almost elapsed.

Fyi, if you are approved without a dq, there's a good chance your online status will change before you receive a decision letter.

You won't be denied [unless NJ finds severe misconduct]. Worst case, expect an 8-wk dq from benefits from date of discharge (I assume you were discharged the week prior to 4/24) for simple misconduct - which NJ issues when there are questions on the discharge - after which you can begin receiving benefits - which means, again, worst case, first week benefits are payable is week ending June 18th, for which you will be paid on 6/21 or a little thereafter.

If NJ approves without a dq, you will be paid retroactively. All you can do now is wait.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Hello just an update, my husband and I had our appeal on Monday 6/6.....not sure how long it takes for an answer but neither of our employers participated and when I asked him why they wasn't on the line, he stated they didn't contest it! Do you think that's a good sign or that irrelevant?

Last edited by wedidwork4this; 06-07-2016 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedidwork4this View Post
Do you think that's a good sign or that irrelevant?
No, because you quit, the burden is on you. All you have going for you is "uncontested" testimony.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 PM

Chyvan are you speaking from experience? According to the NJ SAFE ACT, domestic or sexual violent crimes are "good cause" to relocate.....even Chris Christie secretary called UI Appeals to get our case expedited......so we'll see.....just updating the forum!

Old 06-07-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Chyvan are you speaking from experience? According to the NJ SAFE ACT, domestic or sexual violent crimes are "good cause" to relocate.....even Chris Christie secretary called UI Appeals to get our case expedited......so we'll see.....just updating the forum!
I read that. I think it says that it's good cause to break your lease to relocate. However, I didn't see one thing any where in the NJ SAFE ACT that says that it's good cause to quit your job to collect UI.

I feel horrible about what happened to your family, and I hope my interpretation is wrong. When you get the decision back, then we'll all know how this is handled. I just don't want you to think that the employer not showing up in a "quit" case is some wonderful thing like it can very much be in a discharge.

My experience is as a "quitter," I had a pain getting UI. I did everything right and was denied for my first 4 appeals so I very much know what it feels like to beat your head against a wall because others just don't "get it."

Old 06-08-2016, 12:05 AM

11,644 posts, read 16,850,418 times
Quote:
I had asked someone I know in NJ who is familiar with this stuff so glad you raised it so it jogged my memory to respond.

There is no direct regulation in unemployment that would apply to automatically approve benefits due to domestic violence of a non claimant. That is the law. Unemployment just has the requirement to approve if you were the victim. Now, that does not mean you wont be approved for benefits but its based on a provision in unemployment regulations that allows the state to grant benefits under extraordinary circumstances that are not addressed by regulations if the totality of events mirror other state regulations that do have special previsions in authorizing exclusions.

The ALJ may just get a piece of paper saying use section bla bla bla as mitigating circumstance to call it justifiable. If they were instructed to use this executive type of waiver, they will do so, grant benefits, and it;s over and done with. If they were not given any instruction, they may deny using the regulations they do have that will force a Board Review where executive privilege can be applied.

One thing to know is your former employer is out of this. Their account is not being charged, they have no further say, they prevailed on the quit. It is now a matter between you and the state as it will be the state who pays for this out of their own funds (funded by the employee's portion of taxes), not unemployment funds paid by businesses. So the fact your former employer was not present is immaterial as they technically have no say as they are no longer involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment