U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 11:34 AM

14,508 posts, read 28,044,531 times

Advertisements

It means their working on it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 09:47 PM

9 posts, read 21,259 times
Hi chyvan, had my interview with employer on the phone they agreed there was no misconduct or write ups. I was advised to keep claiming. When I claimed online again today my weekly amount has been adjusted (it increased and my interview last Thursday was non monetary). Is this possibly a good tell tale sign I could be getting retro pay? Thanks for your insight.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notagoodfit View Post
they agreed there was no misconduct or write ups.
This isn't conclusive. "Misconduct" is a conclusion. What else did they say? What exactly did they accuse you of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notagoodfit View Post
Is this possibly a good tell tale sign I could be getting retro pay?
I would never rely on the UI people getting the money to me in time. You need to put yourself in a position so that whether that money shows up in time or not, your rent gets paid. Then you won't care.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,599 times
Can someone help? I had my phone interview 6/26/17 I have not received a determination letter yet. When I check my claim status it still say pended call agency. It also show benefit amount what would be the weekly amount and taxable amount. But nothing is payable at this time.... What does this mean?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:10 PM

They're working on it.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
They're working on it.
I have a similar issue. I got my determination and won my appeal on 7/20. Online it still says claim is pended and to call an agent. I called over a week ago and they said I shouldn't have to do anything and should receive all previously claimed weeks. It has been over 10 weeks since I left my employer. Is there something I'm missing or something else I should be doing to get the money owed deposited into my account? Your previous posts have been noticeably helpful so any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:19 PM

"determination" and "appeal" don't go together. You get a determination that you may appeal, and a "decision" is after the appeal hearing. if you have a decision from an appeal hearing granting you benefits, then you need to call and get a fax number to send that in to speed things up.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
"determination" and "appeal" don't go together. You get a determination that you may appeal, and a "decision" is after the appeal hearing. if you have a decision from an appeal hearing granting you benefits, then you need to call and get a fax number to send that in to speed things up.
Yes, I had an appeal and won that decision. I expected it to take 2-3 to get payments into my account so it's coming up on close to that time frame. I'm not desperate for the money this moment because I planned accordingly. If I did nothing else will they still automatically eventually send the payment or will further action definitely be required do you think?

Old 08-08-2017, 06:32 PM

Not always. It's a manual process. Chances are the appeal decision did not make it back to the UI people. That's why you need to fax your copy of the winning decision in so that they will process it and release your payments.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,422 times
In NJ, My status is also Your claim has been pended. I worked one week on my own (Self-employed) for an event and reported it. It was a one shot deal for something I do once in a while. It's not a regular business for me - in fact when I was employed it was a loss counting mileage and all. They asked me how much I made and how many hrs - I told them. I also told them I didn't know when it would come up again, currently I have no more events coming.

Has anyone had issues with this? I thought I would report the money and they would adjust the amount, but that didn't happen.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment