Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM

45 posts, read 294,274 times

Advertisements

I didn't expect to see any answers in there but at least they let me file. It's so odd to me that I haven't gotten a word from EDD. My anxiety is more from not knowing than anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM

Default Udpate

So incredibly, I got a hold of an Agent at EDD on the phone in less than 3min, on a Monday? Wow!

So she told me that my extension was processed and that I should recieve my first payment this week (pretty much right on time.)

There is no paper work for me to fill out and I will get benefit info on my pay stub to find out how much is on this claim and when it expires, yada yada.

So to conclude this situation, in my case, all I did was wait to received a claim form for my 1st extension.

I hope this helps others in similar situations.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Recieved Payment

So I received my payment on 4/24. The money was sent directly to my EDD Debit Card just like before. It was about 15% less than I had been receiving and the Claim Balance shows about 12 weeks. Doesn't really give any other information. This seems a bit short for my 1st tier extension. I thought I had read that 1st tier EUC was for 20 weeks, no matter your state.

Are all the EUC appeals automatic (Provided the state meets the unemployment criteria) until the EB?

I hope my info is helpful and a appreciate any help in advance!

-sbones

Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 PM

So I received my payment on 4/24. The money was sent directly to my EDD Debit Card just like before. It was about 15% less than I had been receiving and the Claim Balance shows about 12 weeks. Doesn't really give any other information. This seems a bit short for my 1st tier extension. I thought I had read that 1st tier EUC was for 20 weeks, no matter your state.

Are all the EUC appeals automatic (Provided the state meets the unemployment criteria) until the EB?

I hope my info is helpful and a appreciate any help in advance!

-sbones

Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
What was your original monetary determination when you were first awarded state benefits? Tier 1 total monetary award should be 80% of that original state benefit award - divided by your weekly benefit amount = the number of weeks available on Tier 1. Not everyone receives the full 26 weeks state benefits. The tiers are prorated accordingly.

See FAQS #6: //www.city-data.com/forum/23479399-post5.html

Old 04-29-2012, 12:36 PM

The percentage (80% of previous benefit) looks right because I got the maximum weekly amount and I received it for the full 26 weeks.

So when I take my reduced rate and divide by the total, I get 12 weeks.

Is this my Tier 1? I know sometimes people run out of money before thier 26 weeks so it's little confusing.

Will I go into Tier 2 after 12 weeks, how long is this period and how much can expect my benifets to be reduced then and so on?

Thanks

Old 04-29-2012, 12:44 PM

If you are now receiving a different weekly benefit amount than you received for the first 26 weeks there is no explanation other than CA has put you back on unexhausted tier benefits from an earlier claim.

Your weekly benefit does not change during a claim.

We need more information on your claim history.

1. Dates of all claims.
2. Amount of weekly benefit for each claim
3. Did you receive federal benefits on these claims

Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 PM

OK so my math was a little off. It looks like I get 14 weeks at 80%

Per your link: (This is what I should expect)? Correct?

Beginning September 2, 2012:
Tier 1 - 14 weeks (reduced 6 weeks)
Tier 2 - 14 weeks (no change)
Tier 3 - 09 weeks (reduced 4 weeks)
Tier 4 - 10 weeks (increased 4 weeks)

Through September 1, 2012:
Tier 1 - 80% of original benefit amount
Tier 2 - 54% of original benefit amount
Tier 3 - 50% of original benefit amount
Tier 4 - 24% of original benefit amount

Hopefully I have employment soon, but god I had the maximum amount and I don't think I could get by on 50% of my original amount a week. I hate to imagine all those people making much less. Wow.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
If you are now receiving a different weekly benefit amount than you received for the first 26 weeks there is no explanation other than CA has put you back on unexhausted tier benefits from an earlier claim.

Your weekly benefit does not change during a claim.

We need more information on your claim history.

1. Dates of all claims.
2. Amount of weekly benefit for each claim
3. Did you receive federal benefits on these claims
Thanks for the info!

My claim started Sept 1st, 2011. I don't wish to disclose my weekly benifet amount but I had given it away when I said I received the max weekly benefit allowed in CA. And to my knowledge this was all based on my earnings period and NO federal money was attached. I got all 26 week of my initial claim and then I started my 1st EUC extension.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM

September 2nd has not yet arrived. 14 weeks does not apply to you at this point.

Please, post your claim history. Nothing you have posted makes any sense.

You posted on another thread you have a dispute w/CA on an earlier claim. I believe they are paying you from that claim, not the current one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment