Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 7,358 times

Advertisements

Hi - I have been filing for UE the past year after I was let go from my previous company due to my company being sold and consolidating head count. i was granted UE and have had no problems until recently. Back in late December-January I took a 5 week temporary assignment that was only seasonal and I worked less than 40 hours per week (39 total) under a 1099. I spoke to UE before I took the assignment for guidance and was told not to claim those 5 weeks I was working and to resubmit my claims once the seasonal temp assignment ended. I had a few bumps when I went to reopen the claim in late January, but it was sorted out and they have paid me since. I just received an issue three weeks ago that I needed to report my income for those 5 weeks (which I did and it was approximately $2500 total gross) and had the company I temped for fax everything over. I spoke to UE this past Thursday and they said everything was good and they would continue to pay me through on my claims as everything was buttoned up. Now, I received a letter on Saturday dated this past Thursday that I have been working at this company I temped through June 2012 and I have been collecting while working, and I have a submitted a claim on 11/5/2022, which first is not true as I have not been working or engaged to work with that company since the assignment ended in January and 2022 is physically not possible unless I had a time machine . The letter stated that I have the right to request an interview or I could fax back the response in the paperwork to the issue.

After several hours of calling UE today I got on with an agent and she had no record in the system about this letter and had me read it to her. She just told me to fill it out and mail/fax it back to move forward with the issue to help close it out. I am going to fax it over tomorrow after I call again to see if I first should request a phone interview to discuss why I received this letter if it's not on my electronic file and what I need to show I have not been working from this other company.

Does anyone have any advice or have you been through a similar situation? PA is very frustrating and I feel like I get a different answer everytime I call and I just want this over with. I am very close to landing a job (fingers crossed) and don't want to continue dealing with this madness if I land this job nor have a fraud issue on my record.

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment