Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2016, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 757 times

Advertisements

1. Here is a quick note about it.
I worked in alzheimer's unit nursing home. On a Friday at end if shift a family member brought bras in for resident. She said she asked me (activity assistant) and 2 CNAs to try them on her and get them labeled. She said we agreed. She layed the grocery sack on counter us
She layed the gocery sack
on a counter. I do not remember her showing me the bag or agreeing to WHT she wanted. I am an Activity
Assistant and it isn't my job.
The CNAS would handle it their job. So I didn't see them as she says but I just am busy at this time and continued to load up my belongings. We gathered our bags and sup plies and left
the unit. Husband picked me up in his car. Went to work Monday worked my shift went home. At home on kitchen table there was a sack with bras. I did t know what they were. He did not buy then nor me or maybe my daughter. I didn't think about nursing home because I wouldn't take anything and they didn't say anything all day abut missing bras. Again I did not see these bras ever. So Tuesday I wore one. Someone calls the unit and asked about them I said I had them and I had one one.
I returned them immediately and was fired. I have 2 notarized statements from her family supporting me as an unentional mistake and provide I am trust worthy and I should be able to get unemployment. Got any comments for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 02:11 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
You do NOT tell this story when you apply for UI. Now is not the time.

When you apply for UI say only that you were FIRED. If the employer wants to bring up this story, we'll deal with it later. If you bring up the story now, then chances are that even if your employer says nothing, you'll be disqualified because of what came out of your own mouth, so keep your mouth closed. We can deal with a denial on appeal, and it is significantly less work to appeal when you aren't fighting your own words because you talked too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment