Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 AM

4 posts, read 7,407 times

Advertisements

UPDATE: Ok,

I have filed an appeal about the difference in money I received between the two states. I have to try, but I do feel I will have to repay it. The bottom line is I received it when I shouldn't have regardless of why.

Anyway, check out what happened. I haven't checked my bank account for a while because there is nothing to check. So a few days ago I finally did check it. Imagine my surprise when it said nearly $2,700! Oh the dreams I had. I was SO happy for about 2 minutes, until I realized what it was and knew immediately what had to be done. This was the money I was supposed to receive here in Texas. It appears Texas paid ME the money instead of repaying it to Pa. After the initial thoughts of how much I needed this money and what i was going to do with it, I immediately got on the phone to do the right thing.

I called Pa and told them what happened and asked how I can return this money immediately. I told them I haven't received a penny in almost a month and they ought not leave this kind of money into a broke mans account. My bills are through the roof not to mention Christmas.

Funny thing. They didn't seem alarmed or desperate to get it back. He told me if I kept it I would simply have to repay it if the appeal referee deemed. He said he would send an email to his supervisor and get back to me within 7 days. HUH?

Please understand whats going on. I filled for an appeal trying to get the difference in payments excused. So if I was to spend this money, Id probably have to repay both the difference AND this back. Im probably going to have to repay the difference anyway, so why not keep SOME of this? $1000 maybe?

I called immediately to do the right thing. The man I spoke to was annoyed at complexity of my issue and actually hung up on me. To be honest, as time goes on, and I still havent received a penny in over a month, my mind is trying to justify keeping it. Just consider it a loan...so what if you have to repay it later...etc..etc..

With all this said, I am 99.9% sure I will not touch this money. But boy is it tempting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment