Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 AM

19 posts, read 202,141 times

Advertisements

I sent in my claim form and I usually have my payment by tuesday at midnight (wednesday), but I still have not recieved my payment. What gives?

I just started my second EUC extension and this payment would be the first that I would recieve starting my second EUC extension. Is there a delay when starting a new extension?

Also, my claim is set to expire on 2/2/2013 and so I filed online to re-open my claim and am awaiting the documents in the mail. Would this have caused a delay in my payment?

Or is all of this perhaps brought on by the whole fiscal cliff thing???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss925 View Post
I just started my second EUC extension and this payment would be the first that I would recieve starting my second EUC extension. Is there a delay when starting a new extension?

Also, my claim is set to expire on 2/2/2013 and so I filed online to re-open my claim and am awaiting the documents in the mail. Would this have caused a delay in my payment?
No, transferring to a new extension does not normally result in a delay in payment in CA.

Recertification of your claim THREE WEEKS EARLY did. In CA, it isn't necessary for you to do anything at your bye (benefit year end) on 2/2. CA will do this automatically, at or after your bye, if you have not had new earnings during the past benefit year. Even if you had, CA would probably have filed for you, although they prefer, if you worked, you do it yourself. Claims are never recertified PRIOR to the bye.

Filing three weeks EARLY online has confused CA's computers.

Call CA today to get your claim back on track. Good suggestions for getting through on last few pages, here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...alifornia.html

Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the info Ariadne22.

Do you think it will work itself out in a reasonable amount of time or do I have to contact someone? I tried those numbers and they all transfer me to the 800 number. I also sent an email last night.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Do you think it will work itself out in a reasonable amount of time or do I have to contact someone? I tried those numbers and they all transfer me to the 800 number. I also sent an email last night.
You need to call. Did you try the Vietnamese line? Read back on that thread. Many people have had good success with various numbers - esp. the 715 number. Start dialing in the early a.m., and keep hitting redial.

You need patience, persistence, and a few hours. Did you try this, more than once - maybe four, five six times?
Quote:
The Cal EDD number is 1-800-300-5616. When you dial, you'll hear one of two messages. One says "Thank you for calling . . ." HANG UP because it's going to tell you that there are too many calls coming in. The other recording starts out with "Welcome to EDD."

As soon as you hear "Welcome to EDD," immediately press either 1-3-0 OR 1-2-1-1-7.

I first tried 12117 this morning and didn't get through. A couple minutes later, I used 130 and, sure enough, I got through. I was on hold about 5 minutes, but I got a live body and resolved the issue.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM

I just called the vietnamese line, but theres one problem... I can't understand a word they're saying. Any specific number combo I should enter?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM

Cool. Just got through to someone using a 916 number. Spoke to an adjuster and they have a telephone interview set for the 28th. She said they would clear it up and issue payment then... In TEN DAYS!!! Don't know how I'm gunna make it that long. Jeez!!!!

On a side note, got any $$$ you can loan me? LOL.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM

245 posts, read 382,431 times
Quote:
Cool. Just got through to someone using a 916 number. Spoke to an adjuster and they have a telephone interview set for the 28th. She said they would clear it up and issue payment then... In TEN DAYS!!! Don't know how I'm gunna make it that long. Jeez!!!!

On a side note, got any $$$ you can loan me? LOL.
Have you tried going to your local food bank?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irco View Post
Have you tried going to your local food bank?

I have not. Thank God, I have food to eat here so I should be alright. My only worry is with bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment