Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 AM

3 posts, read 5,401 times

Advertisements

I again attempted to file EUC online today and continued to receive the same following message:

"remaining balance on your unemployment claim dated 1-29-2012 is $0. No unemployment benefits are available to you at this time."

I exhausted EUC Tier 1 on 12/29/2012 and recieved final EUC Tier 1 benefits on 12/31/2012.
I know NJ automatically rolls you into new tiers and you have to call to recertify around your BYE.
My BYE is 1/26/2013. I have not received any letter confirming eligibility for EUC Tier II benefits.

Question 1:

Should I continue to have patience and wait for NJ to update their online access or call/visit?

Question 2:

If I call/visit. What should I expect?

Question 3:

Has anyone claiming NJ EUC benefits online have success?

Thanks for all the responses in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 AM

26 posts, read 66,268 times
Hello. I am in MA with the same issue. Got the same message when trying to file today. I am going to call tomorrow. However, from another forum, shttp://jobsearch.about.com/b/2013/01/07/unemployment-2013.htm is seems you have to call if you are receiving EUC due to the delay in congress' negotiation and they hve to manually put you back on EUC. This is what another NJ resident said "@NJ People

Finally got through to them after 2 days of holding and holding for them. What was said earlier, anyone on EUC benefits needs to speak to a human being and then they will reopen your account. Also will bump you up to the next tier if you need to be."

Sad that we find this out through online forums. Good luck.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 PM

31 posts, read 143,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capedcrusader View Post
I again attempted to file EUC online today and continued to receive the same following message:

"remaining balance on your unemployment claim dated 1-29-2012 is $0. No unemployment benefits are available to you at this time."

I exhausted EUC Tier 1 on 12/29/2012 and recieved final EUC Tier 1 benefits on 12/31/2012.
I know NJ automatically rolls you into new tiers and you have to call to recertify around your BYE.
My BYE is 1/26/2013. I have not received any letter confirming eligibility for EUC Tier II benefits.
I am almost exactly in the same boat as you, and I have not received anything either. I think NJ is just overloaded and behind. Everyone is saying to give them a little time, but I bet we will have to call ultimately anyway. And its almost impossible to call so I am not sure what to. Maybe someone will figure it out sooner or later!

Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 AM

Ok, that was easy enough. Waited on phone roughly 45 minutes. The agent was pleasant and quickly processed bi-weekly claim and transition to EUC Tier II. Agent stated I would see claim update online tomorrow.

Given the wait times and experiences described on other threads, seems things are starting to slow down and you can get through and get your request processed fairly quickly! Good luck!

Old 01-14-2013, 07:20 AM

capedcrusader, glad things worked out for you! I am on hold with MA unemployment right now due to that same quirky message you received. Hope it goes well, also!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 PM

Ok, I called NJ today and after waiting 4 1/2 hrs, I got a call back. I simply stated I finished tier 1 on 12/29 and haven't received a new letter yet. She politely told me that all UEC claims do indeed need to be manually input into the computer. She said to hang on a sec, then proceeded to painlessly release my last 2 weeks to me and said to call in 2 weeks as usual.

I did ask about getting re-certified and when I can. She said I have to wait until the BYE date and that even doing it a couple of days early will throw red flags up and make it messy. She did say it was refreshing to hear someone who is aware of their situation, LOL!

I was pleasantly surprised the whole phone call was about 3 minutes and she was very nice! Just thought I would share with everyone and thanks again for everyone's help and knowledge!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 PM

Speedblur I'm glad everything worked out for you! I had to do the same here in MA on Monday. Now only if the websites had informed us we had to call, we all wouldn't have had to go through mini hear attacks!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM

Glad to hear all worked out....agent I dealt with stated that I can continue to claim benefits online as usual.
Speedblur you said the agent that helped you stated to call back in 2 weeks to process claim benefits. I hope this is not the case since I find it more convenient to process claim online myself without the phone wait times.
Guess I'll find out in 2 weeks.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capedcrusader View Post
Glad to hear all worked out....agent I dealt with stated that I can continue to claim benefits online as usual.
Speedblur you said the agent that helped you stated to call back in 2 weeks to process claim benefits. I hope this is not the case since I find it more convenient to process claim online myself without the phone wait times.
Guess I'll find out in 2 weeks.
Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I do all my claiming online also. I will be claimimg tomorrow morning online myself, I hope it works. I am fairly confident it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment