U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 PM

6 posts, read 8,376 times

Advertisements

My benefit year ends Feb 16. I still have over $1,928.00 in benefits left in Tier 2 in WI. But the benefit year ends this Saturday before I exhaust all my benefits in tier 2.. Is that it am I done or do I have to call in WI to ask for an additional benefit year to get the rest of the benefits in tier 3? Ive heard different things like its not a good idea to call in or that in WI they do it automatically or even that I dont get any more benefits after next week?

My weekly payment is 363.00 but Ive been getting 350.00 because last November I started a part time job of only 3 hrs a week with the City hopin it would get me in the door for something else later so my check is reduce to 350.00 as I make like 49.20 a week part time now...

So now what ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 PM

I know Im not getting tier 3 as WI no longer qualifys for Tier 3 and Im on Tier 2 actually.. But again everything else I posted before about my benefit year ending this Saturday is correct. So now what do I do in WI?

Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM

25,091 posts, read 54,062,355 times
You do nothing. WI will send you confusing correspondence. Ignore the correspondence. Do nothing. WI will do its normal bye procedure.

If, b/c of your part-time work you get a new state claim, your remaining EUC benefits remain for you to claim later. If your new state claim is $100 or 25% less than your present benefit, under HR4213 you can defer payment on the new lower state claim until the EUC is exhausted. WI would only be considering earnings from Nov/Dec. - 6 wks @ $50/wk, or $300. Probably not enough for a new claim at this point.

Just wait. Bye transition in WI is pretty painless.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM

I got my award letter for Tier III as it opened back up MAy 12. Ive filed my claims since then again. Yet still nothing and its goin on a month. I just dont understand why it takes so long to get my checks again as I was already approved and have a weekly amount and total benefit amount listed for tier 3. I understand they are inputing information by hand? Just how many new claims do they have for tier 3 in WI not that its open again? I did write the DWD email and Gov Walkers office email to voice my frustations over this taking so long after Ive already been approved and already have 3 weeks claimed with no checks yet to date ...

Old 06-06-2013, 12:58 PM

25,091 posts, read 54,062,355 times
It's not just Tier 3. It is people switching between claims for EUC and all other manner of data which must be input by hand. As I told you, this has been an issue in WI since I first claimed in 2009. The state has not added staff nor upgraded its computer programming, apparently. It may be the system is so archaic it can't handle the complexities of EUC - although not everyone has experienced problems.

Of course, our current government doesn't believe in government - wants to eliminate it wherever they can - so don't expect much sympathy from them for the unemployed - even though today's paper says WI is 49th out of 50 states in its economic forecast. Great days for WI, ain't it? First, we give up a billion dollars in govt money for the train and all the job growth which would have come with that, then we refuse Medicaid money, raise the bar to qualify for Medicaid so more people will be uninsured rather than less, can't pay our unemployed people on time, cut funding for schools, and now legislate lower taxes which give 80% of the benefit to the six-figure earner.

Have you considered moving to Minnesota? Climate is the same and the economy is much better, the government is common-sense progressive, and they have an enlightened Yale graduate and former US Senator as governor, instead of a college drop-out.

Home page of the Office of the Governor, Mark Dayton and Yvonne Prettner Solon, Lt. Governor

Minnesota's UE rate is 5.3%. If I were still working, I sure would. My neighbor's kids went to college in Minnesota on the tuition-reciprocity program between WI/MN, and are now living and raising their families there.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 06-06-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment