U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 AM

5 posts, read 13,458 times

Advertisements

Hello-
*ill try and explain as best i can but UE confuses me to no end so please forgive if i don't use the proper lingo for UE

Long story but i know you need to details to even be able to give advice.

1-I have been on unemployment for almost two years now [in NJ]. At the end of 2012 i was told i exhausted my benefits [which i find odd b/c i had not been on it really a full year but you could consider it i was on it for the calendar year]
2- I have been receiving benefits this year after the extension was passed BUT BUT BUT each time i received them it was in $2,000 increments and then at the end of the $2,000 i'd get a notice i ran out and then a week later or so it would be the same i had a benefit amount but it was only $2,000 worth this has happened twice and now when i went to file it says claim pended and i have a balance of $171 left in my balance.

I've only received $5,000 so far this year...

Does anyone have any advice for me?
IF there is info i haven't provided that would be useful in getting advice please ask and ill gladly answer if itll help me figure out wth is going on...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 02:24 PM

23,998 posts, read 51,816,557 times
Your benefit year does not guarantee you 52 weeks of benefits. It gives you one year within which to exhaust your original State of NJ monetary determination - maximum number of weeks being 26. So, after you had claimed those 26 weeks, your State of NJ monetary allocation was exhausted. If your claim is eligible, you then begin to collect federal extension benefits (EUC).

At the end of your first benefit year, your claim is recertified and you either continue on your old federal extension benefits or begin a new state claim.

If there are unexhausted EUC federal benefits on the first claim, you go back to collecting those when you have exhausted state benefits from the second claim.

You can also qualify for a new claim quarterly if you are collecting federal EUC and have been working while collecting benefits.

Since you have been claiming for almost two years, we need to know, much more specifically, your claim history:
  1. The exact date(s) of all your claims?
  2. Your original monetary determination?
  3. Your weekly benefit?
  4. How many weeks did you collect this benefit?
  5. Have you worked at all since you filed?
  6. When?
  7. Are you still working?
  8. Has your benefit amount changed since you first filed?
  9. If so, when? Exact dates, please.
  10. Monetary determination of this new claim?
  11. Quarters of earnings and $$ amount used for this new claim?
  12. Your new weekly benefit?
  13. How many weeks have you collected this benefit?

Old 05-19-2017, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,691 times
Hi. I live in phila and applied for uc benefits in march. I received my confirmation and determination letter. I also received my debit card but no payments. I check the stays and it says theres an issue with my claim. I've called several days before actually getting a live person and the rep told me that they were slow but I'm eligible and continue to file. This was in April. It is now may and I've been waiting for nine weeks and still no payment. Pls help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment