U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM

18 posts, read 30,564 times

Advertisements

I got a letter today for a REA Reemployment and eligibility assessment. It's for 5/3 and it says to bring in 2 most recent weeks of search. So am I supposed to bring the week and next weeks (most recent to 5/3) or This week and last (most recent from the date of the letter) or most recent from my last claim date? Or everything lol.

Also, what should I expect?

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 PM

241 posts, read 951,366 times
I think they mail u a form and that's where u put your work searches.

The EDD REA they just make sure your form is filled out and u watch a 45 min video, that's it.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:13 AM

Yes, they did mail me a form. I'm more curious about which 2 weeks I'm supposed to come with.

Also, will they withhold my UC payment while they assess?

Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 AM

30 posts, read 139,666 times
I wasn't sure about which two weeks they wanted and I'm not sure it matters, but it did say somewhere that they wanted the last two weeks for which you claimed.

At my REA appointment in PA, they took my form without issue, but I'm not sure that they even cared or checked exactly which weeks I included.

There was no delay in UC payments.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:08 PM

15 posts, read 67,525 times
It reads "2 weeks prior to your appointment date" so last time I did 3 work searches for the week of my appointment and 3 more for the previous week. You could also do the 2 weeks prior to the week of your appointment and it should be fine.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:20 PM

113 posts, read 372,212 times
Had mine a month ago. I brown nosed it a bit I guess. I dloaded additional work search forms from the CA EDD. Typed it up providing a search record for each empty space for the full two weeks prior to the week of the meeting. Filled out an additional sheet for the few days prior to and just before the meeting since the meeting was at the end of a week. Took a printed copy of both sheets with me. I took Print outs of all sent/and recieved email in regard to each work search recorded to back up those search's. They were good with the full two weeks prior to the week of the meeting. Didn't care about the copies to show I'd actually contacted anyone. No issues with getting pay on time the following week. Truth is no one really even spoke about the process or went over the forms. They collected them along with the cert of the video and already knew if I had been updating my resume on Caljobs which is a Cali requirement. 45 minutes max. No glitch's or holdups.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 PM

Thanks everyone :-)

Old 04-21-2013, 07:41 PM

14,219 posts, read 27,447,892 times
I never update my resume on Caljobs, never look for jobs on Caljobs, and have no problems getting paid. I had my REA assessment early last year, and brought them the information that they wanted, sat through their spiel, went home and still got paid.

Caljobs is a waste of time, it's only a formality for EDD. I don't think they check Caljobs, because if they did, they would find out how many people never use it that are on unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment